2 Silvers

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Went to an old park today that opened in 1957 as a park but the area was used by fisherman from the Goodyear Tire and Rubber company as early as 1922 (officially). Found a 1967 quarter, two wheat pennies, a Lincoln penny and the two silver coins below. First time finding two silvers in one day (heck, it's almost my first time finding silver period since these are now my 4th and 5th). 1952 Franklin half and a 1911 Barber dime.

Dudes

Attachments

• 1911 Barber dime cropped.JPG
    1911 Barber dime cropped.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 455
  • 1952 Ben Franklin obverse cropped.JPG
    1952 Ben Franklin obverse cropped.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0
OP
OP
dudes2112

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Thanks again everyone, it's nice to finally be on the receiving side of a few compliments for some nice silver, been a long time coming!!

Heading out to the park tonight for a couple hours, hopefully I can snag two more! The 2 coins above were found in 2 hours and 15 minutes, so it could happen... maybe, hopefully... I'll let you know how it went tomorrow!

Dudes

OP
OP
dudes2112

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Went back out to the site the day before yesterday and got rained on a little so we only got a good hour of detecting in. My son found what I think is one of the bells to an old wall mount crank telephone and some clad. I got some clad, what looks like an old button (still trying to clean it up), and a 9mm shell. Heading back tomorrow for sure!!

Dudes

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Taking a closer look at that dime........WOW, what a find, looks emaculate.

GL & HH,

Dugholes

OP
OP
dudes2112

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Thanks again everyone. I plan on taking it to the coin store where they give free verbal appraisals. It is in very good shape except for the scratch I made behind her ear with the shovel, at least I think I made it. There is one other thing that might bring the value down... I dipped it in tarnex because it was all black and I've heard that's not good to do... I'll let you know when they give me a value.

Dudes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions