2 Silvers

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Went to an old park today that opened in 1957 as a park but the area was used by fisherman from the Goodyear Tire and Rubber company as early as 1922 (officially). Found a 1967 quarter, two wheat pennies, a Lincoln penny and the two silver coins below. First time finding two silvers in one day (heck, it's almost my first time finding silver period since these are now my 4th and 5th). 1952 Franklin half and a 1911 Barber dime.

Dudes

Attachments

• 1911 Barber dime cropped.JPG
    1911 Barber dime cropped.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 455
  • 1952 Ben Franklin obverse cropped.JPG
    1952 Ben Franklin obverse cropped.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds

Kermit

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

Great lookin coins!

Congrats!!!

;)

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Old Ben Franklin, if I were born in 1706, I might look a little rough and beat too!
Nice Finds, Sweet Barber Dime!

Chris

OP
OP
dudes2112

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Thanks gang! Not sure what happened to ole Ben, looks almost like some chemicals got to him or something. The Barber is real nice but I grazed it with the shovel right behind her ear *&%&^%, need a little more work on the pinpointing I guess.

Dudes

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that dime!

OP
OP
dudes2112

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Mike in Fla,

I've been at this for over 5 years and found my first silver coin not even a month ago and now I'm on my 5th one. ?It's ALL about location (you have to know how to work the machine too, but that's kind of a given). ?I found out all the parks I was detecting were new, in a sense. ?They had only been around for about 35 years each and they were good sites for clad but not much else. ?I got really hooked on finding a good place so I actually joined the historical society and have pestered them like crazy looking for places to hunt. ?I read all the local history books I can get my hands on and always keep an eye out for more places to go. ?Check with your family if they grew up in your area, you'd be amazed about what they might know about where things used to be back in the day. ?The historical society has been, by far, the best source of information and they even have pictures of many of the places showing people at the proposed locations. ?Basically, if there were people there 100 years ago, there is money there regardless of what activity went on there. ?Geez I love gravity!!

Track down an old spot and hit it hard! ?Let us know what you find. ?If I can get one, you can too!!

Good luck Mike

Dudes

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
That is one pretty Barber! And those halves are getting harder and harder to come by nowadays. Congrats!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you know, GREAT DIME! To bad you you hit it with your digging tool. That's OK, still looks MS to me. Franklin half's are cool, in all conditions. Great finds, your ahead of me! I found one silver nickle so far... :'(

Keep @ it and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread