Street project gives up three cent piece

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this 1865 three cent nickel and an 1866 Indian head cent at a road reconstruction project today. Unfortunately The Indian head has some serious corrosion spots due to the fact that it was under the cement. The contractor showed me where they hauled a lot of the dirt, and told me that the sidewalks will be coming out in the next two weeks. I didn't have time to check out the dirt piles yet.

Attachments

• 091705 003.jpg
    091705 003.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 629
  • 091705 004.jpg
    091705 004.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 632
  • 091705 010.jpg
    091705 010.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 623
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,,,,

hh

Lonewolfe

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
That looks like a lot of territory to cover. I agree - better take off the week! It's exciting when you get an opportunity like this. I didn't think there was much in Minnesotta - jk. Good luck and keep us posted.

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Excellent finds! I just came through Duluth out highway 23 a few days ago and noticed in Morgan park they are ripping all the roads up as well. I didn't have any time to detect really, but there looks like some pretty good spots there. I did stop for a few minutes at an old building on the west side of town that is now home to a stamping company. It was some type of government building which was a type community interface of some sort. I checked with the owners and they did not mind if it was detected. I don't plan to be back there hunting before next spring so if you want to hunt it down, it looks like a great spot to try.

-Mike

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, more waits, but get there soon! I had a road site, and thought I had time but they paved the road in just a few days.
GET- R -DONE!!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread