Old drive-in

pinebarren

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2009
Got out to the drive-in today. within 3-4 minuets I found my first ever 1941 Mercury dime!!
Twenty minuets later, a 1954 half dollar!!!! I found several dimes and pennys, oh and a "D" from a FORD.

The drive-in was opened in 1949 and is the oldest of the seven operating drive-in theatres in North Carolina.
I know others have hunted here, so I tried to think where they may have overlooked.

Good day for me!!!

-pinebarren

Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver. Looks like your thinking paid out. :thumbsup:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
pinebarren,
sounds like a good hunt.
Congrat on the silver.

Silver is always nice. :wink: :D

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
P

pinebarren

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2009
This one is still running. They play new releases the same time the indoor theaters do. Its $5 per person for 2 movies! Gotta love it!

We saw Mall Cop and Pink Panther this past Friday night!

S

seger98

Nice going on the silver! :thumbsup: Good idea to hunt there..

Welcome to Treasure Net.

Chris

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Merc dime always nice to find.

Nice find

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! a working drive in! The one here closed back about 1978,found dozens of silver coins there but not much left any more. good hunting....Kane23

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good finds,
We still have working Drive in's here in Kentucky and We go every chance we get.

Nova Treasure

Fish-Gate

Jan 10, 2006
Huntington, Indiana, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out-thinking the old-timers! :wink: Good stuff. I try to do that myself, and it does pay off sometimes. Too bad I wasn't in this hobby 30 years ago, when I wouldn't have had to do that so much...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds from a high trash area, tough going at a drive in with so much history, must be a lot of trash or how was it? Those Ben Franklin halves are worth a few $$$. Welcome to the forum and HH, Mike

OP
OP
P

pinebarren

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2009
Bavaria Mike said:
Those are some great finds from a high trash area, tough going at a drive in with so much history, must be a lot of trash or how was it? Those Ben Franklin halves are worth a few $$$. Welcome to the forum and HH, Mike

The lot area is trashy, but other areas are not too bad. I know a guy that works there. He told me a little background info. I plan on going back and checking on this.

Believe it or not they did not always have a playground. I thought they were standard for drive-ins!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread