1st time out in 15 years

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
About 15 years ago I got into metal detecting thru some guys that I worked with. I bought a Fisher 1225-X and went out several times. I found a few silver coins, a gold pendant and what I believe is a button back then. Then I got into other hobbies and never went again. About 2 weeks ago I did a search on the web for a commemorative coin that my mother has. One of the sites that I clicked on was this one. As I was reading all of your posts it brought back old memories and I got hooked again. So I went down in the basement and dug out the metal detector. I put some batteries in it and it still worked. The remnants of hurricane Ophelia skirted the coast here in southern New England this past Friday night. So I went down to the beach first thing Saturday morning hoping for a little erosion. There was a lot of sand and not much else. There wasn't even any shells or stones. I got very few signals as I followed the tide out. I did find a new penny and my first ring. I was hoping this ring was real when I found it. It's a nice looking ring with many small stones and one large one in the center. However, I don't see any markings on the inside. It's obviously not solid gold with all the corrosion on it. I haven't made any attempt to clean it at all or have it looked at. Any info you could tell me about the ring would be appreciated. I really enjoyed being out there again. Keep up the good work and keep the stories coming! I love reading all of your posts here.

Attachments

• ring2.JPG
    ring2.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 528
  • ring3.JPG
    ring3.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 526
  • ring5.JPG
    ring5.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 518
  • ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 527
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WB (Welcome Back) Great find, I think your right about it being gold plated. Small corrosion spots on a otherwise clean gold ring and no hallmarks would suggest that.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread