Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a stroll down the local ampitheater sidewalks this morning and worked the edges with my ACE 250 and the Stinger coil.? This site has been worked to death in the past and I just wanted to kill some time and was curious to see what was missed.? I found two quarters, three dimes, ten pennies (all clad), a Tulsa River Park 20 year commerative pin, and a chrome plated object that looks like three bananas.? This was found within about 100 feet of sidewalk along the edges.? Someone once posted that sidewalks don't have rebars but these do.? I also photographed a tool tag which I found at a construction site yesterday. I have no idea what the chrome bananas are used for, looks like they are part of something else due to the hole in the top......or bottom whichever?? Couldn't be a charm or necklace piece because it it extremely heavy.? Any ideas?

Attachments

• DSC00203.JPG
    DSC00203.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Cool Finds There Jim.

That Banana Thingie Looks Like It was attached To Something & May Have Been Like Wings ?

Z

ZumbroKid

The banana thingie, might be a collectable from the 1970's from the old cartoon the banana flips. They were quite popular back then, i have not seen one in years. Good job finding it!

F

Floater

That sounds like a nice spot KS. It seems like the seating area would be good to if its open lawn or terrraced. The bannana looks like it was part of latch that swung on to or over something. Nice huntin though. HH

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim/Ks,
You might want to keep your eye out for a Brass Monkey......Could Those be chrome plated dragon wings.

Kermit

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if they still use tool checks or not but I found it at a construction site. There has been several projects in this same area so it could be from a previous one. The power company ran a line down through there about 20 years ago. My wife said the "thing" looks like wings too? Whatever the whole thing was, it was heavy! The other side looks the same. I just thought it looked more like a stalk of bannanas? JIM aka KS

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal Jim,

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions