Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody......

this weekend turned out to be a very special one, I finally after 9 years of detecting found my first Gold Coin :o it also turned out to be my oldest :o
a Celtic Gold Stater dating between 10-45BC :o :o to say that I am on cloud nine would be an understatement i just can not believe that I have finally
joined the Gold Coin Club :icon_sunny: the coin is a South Firriby type stater (thanks to Robfinds for the ID and Crusader for the date) the weekend
turned out to be very productive with some great Silver and Bronze finds and possibly another Gold find :o I will post these finds later on, any way
hearer's the pictures of the coin as it come out the ground I will post pictures later of the coin cleaned because it looks like it has some residue from
the field which has heavy concentrates of Iron :thumbsup: SS.

Attachments

• S&H 008.JPG
    S&H 008.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 5,275
  • S&H 010.JPG
    S&H 010.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 5,786
Upvote 2

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Silver Searcher said:
Mike95inNJ said:
Very very nice find, and might I add you are very proficient with the macro option on your camera as well.
WTG, Mike
Thanks Mike...it does bring out the fine detail(especially on my rough hands) :D

nivea knows how to treat a lady :D :D

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great...being that it is a gold coin are you going to clean it? That iron stain would drive me crazy!!

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
That is great...being that it is a gold coin are you going to clean it? That iron stain would drive me crazy!!
Yes I think so...but I'm also wondering that it might make it more appealing the toning :-\

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were mine it would be cleaned already...toning can make a silver coin more attractive but in my opinion it just diminishes a gold coin...

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
If it were mine it would be cleaned already...toning can make a silver coin more attractive but in my opinion it just diminishes a gold coin...
How would you clean it :icon_scratch:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
romeo-1 said:

Good question...I would use lemon juice but please do not do anything until you are absolutley sure that you want to...

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Silver Searcher said:
romeo-1 said:

Good question...I would use lemon juice but please do not do anything until you are absolutley sure that you want to...
That's what I would use also :thumbsup:

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Daaaaaamn nice find! :thumbsup:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
WOW - Nice button :wink: :D

Now that is good English humor! Curious, does a lot of gold come up looking that color when close to iron? Yet to dig any gold coinage, have found one ring with that type of corrosion. Congrates!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, that's an AWESOME find, Silver Searcher!! ::) :icon_king: :icon_king: :thumbsup:

That picture of the field in your other post is soooo large. Can't even imagine how many more keepers are there now that it got plowed! :o

Major congrats!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Uh.... cripes. Am I to understand that coin is over 2,020 years old approx. give or take a decade? And its a coin? And it's gold? Like 2000 year old gold handled by ancient Celtic tribesmen as plunder or traded for goods? uh.... cripes.

Anyone wanna buy an ACE 250? Only used 1.5 seasons, like new. I quit.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and a big congrats on the BC find! HH, Mike

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Wow, that's an AWESOME find, Silver Searcher!! ::) :icon_king: :icon_king: :thumbsup:

That picture of the field in your other post is soooo large. Can't even imagine how many more keepers are there now that it got plowed! :o

Major congrats!!

CAPTN SE
Dan
Hi Dan....it is a very big field and also a very quite one, I was walking for up to one hour without a signal, but it has produced some really incredable finds over the past twelve months.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Congrats on the banner!
The motherlode in one scoop!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions