Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody......

this weekend turned out to be a very special one, I finally after 9 years of detecting found my first Gold Coin :o it also turned out to be my oldest :o
a Celtic Gold Stater dating between 10-45BC :o :o to say that I am on cloud nine would be an understatement i just can not believe that I have finally
joined the Gold Coin Club :icon_sunny: the coin is a South Firriby type stater (thanks to Robfinds for the ID and Crusader for the date) the weekend
turned out to be very productive with some great Silver and Bronze finds and possibly another Gold find :o I will post these finds later on, any way
hearer's the pictures of the coin as it come out the ground I will post pictures later of the coin cleaned because it looks like it has some residue from
the field which has heavy concentrates of Iron :thumbsup: SS.

Attachments

• S&H 008.JPG
    S&H 008.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 5,275
  • S&H 010.JPG
    S&H 010.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 5,786
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate in Ohio said:
Awesome! Can't wait to see a pic of at least the dirt washed off! :thumbsup: Big time congrats!
Just for you :thumbsup:

Attachments

• fs1 001.JPG
    fs1 001.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 2,818

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I can't think of any more descriptive adjectives.

I think it's time to celebrate now! :occasion14:

Rick

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great fine SS! After all the years a gold Celtic has eluded me, its one on my want list.
It cleaned up just great too. Some stains on gold are not removable, such as stains
on some gold coins found in old sailing ships. Don't know why that is but I have
read about it and seen some of those coins in auctions that are stained pretty bad
and could not be cleaned. Just like jewelry, I feel that gold coins are better cleaned
than not. Great that you found a silver unit also in the area! Seems like a great
area!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, after the lemon juice--that is a Beautiful coin!

I can't believe you only have 60 replies. This post DESERVES more! (Probably because it is not an American coin. ::) )

Congratulations,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:

I can't believe you only have 60 replies. This post DESERVES more! (Probably because it is not an American coin. ::) )

Congratulations,

Buckleboy
Hi BB this is after the lemon juice, I think we Brits tend to get less replys because after all it's an American site aned I suppose that the majority are American History oreintated, I don't reply to a lot of the finds from over there because I really don't understand there importance and I don't just want to say nice finds, perhaps this is the case with some of the guys over there :P SS

Attachments

• gs 007.JPG
    gs 007.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,533

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Hi BB this is after the lemon juice, I think we Brits tend to get less replys because after all it's an American site aned I suppose that the majority are American History oreintated, I don't reply to a lot of the finds from over there because I really don't understand there importance and I don't just want to say nice finds, perhaps this is the case with some of the guys over there :P SS

Well, that is a good point. Keep posting, and hopefully folks here will get better educated about your finds in the process, and vice versa.

That is an incredible job cleaning the coin! It is Beautiful--and Congratulations again to you,

Buckles

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the gold coin. You guys sure have a lot of fun history to explore. Always enjoy seeing the finds of great treasures. Hope that this is the first of many more.Thanks for sharing.

TnMountains

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
When one of 'you lot' finds a coin or artifact that is a Tall Hog at the Trough in *your* context, it's great big fun for us to witness, as well.

That coin is just beautiful after the cleaning! I can't believe it's not worth at least 'L500'.

"Pictures of us beating on our drum / Pictures of us show that we're all one" - The Rollin' Uglies

Fantastic..

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
That is a beautiful coin!!!!
What do the markings represent exactly?

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lairmo said:
That is a beautiful coin!!!!
What do the markings represent exactly?
Hi thanks for the comments, the obverse of the coin is a abstracted head of Apollo right, the reverse represents a disjointed horse left :thumbsup:

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
Silver Searcher said:
BuckleBoy said:

Congratulations,

Buckleboy

Looks nice after the lemon bath. US Americans are jealous! :) To think that you found a coin that has had a dirt nap for over 2000 years! That boggles the mind! The best we can hope for here is what 200 or so?

Mrs Bloom

Nov 3, 2007
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
CONGRATS! :thumbsup: I am sooo jealous! The oldest thing I've found here in Florida are million year old sharks teeth.....hummm want to trade? I'll even throw in an extra one! ;D lol
Enjoyed reading about the facts on that coin, very cool!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
curbdiggercarl57 said:
CRUSADER said:
WOW - Nice button :wink: :D

Now that is good English humor! Curious, does a lot of gold come up looking that color when close to iron? Yet to dig any gold coinage, have found one ring with that type of corrosion. Congrates!

"Good British humor" wow.. there is an oxymoron if there ever was one!!!

Ok.. I'm only kidding!! It was just too good to pass up!!! Hmm... guess that is American sarcasm ;-)

Great coin!! I've picked up a few silverCeltic coins in my travels.. all purchased.. loved the stylized look..

way to go!!

MB

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SS...Congrats on the banner...simply amazing! Good luck trying to top that one!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. This has got to be a banner. Simply the best :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread