call in the bomb squad

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
As you can guess by the Heading I found a bomb today... it had a metal clip on it to clip on your belt.. It was a homemade pipe bomb with a lot of electrical tape on it an had a fuse taped to 3 wooden match sticks... talk about a unexpected find... O took it to the owner of the proprty father in laws house cause the place I'm working no one lives there right now... I have no pics an I never take my camera with me.....

Upvote 0

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what?? you moved it????? what if it was a bunch of match heads in the pipe and all it needed was a bit of friction to go off? Jeez, I don't think moving something like that is a very smart thing to do, better to let it lie and have someone with experience move the thing.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
davest said:
what?? you moved it????? what if it was a bunch of match heads in the pipe and all it needed was a bit of friction to go off? Jeez, I don't think moving something like that is a very smart thing to do, better to let it lie and have someone with experience move the thing.
yeah I moved it.. the matches was facing the ground.. all I saw was a black tube an there was a money tone coming from underneath it..when I picked it up to get another sweep for the tone I just heard is when I saw the matches an fuse an thought oh spit!!!!!!!

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Was it buried or on top of the ground? What type of area was this? Public? Private?

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
incajoe said:
Was it buried or on top of the ground? What type of area was this? Public? Private?
it was laying on top the ground ..Right now I'm detecting a private 1800's house that also has the orginal 1700's house right beside it... the bomb was inbetween both houses...

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Call the local Police next time....The bomb squad will come out and clear those things. Better than losing your life, or parts of your body... :o jgas

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
jgas said:
Call the local Police next time....The bomb squad will come out and clear those things. Better than losing your life, or parts of your body... :o jgas
like I said before I didn't know it was a bomb until I had picked it up... thanks for all your concern tho....

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
You could try to CLEAR that thing yourself. Light it and run. In an open area of course.
Newt

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Just get KORSU to come take care of it for you. Ever seens his threads? He handles old grenades, mines, and other explosives like there nothing. I believe he's lucky enough to still have all ten fingers too.....

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a lucky dude! I know a guy that killed himself messing with a pipe bomb.

Brian

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
I know part of our responsibility is to pick up trash and scraps off of the yards and fields we hunt. But I think you took it too seriously. I think a bomb would be the owners and the police responsibility. Believe me, metal detecting doesn't pay that much ;D (not in my book) I think I would let them keep that toy. So be careful out there.We don't want to start calling you one armed Jack or old one eye either.
HH zztop

Sir Digs-A-Lot

Sep 14, 2008
Orlando Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II and ACE 250
بلَباه said:
You still need to notify the police. Someone out there is building bombs, and nothing good can come of it.

In fact, you need to let the police know IMMEDIATELY.

I reiterate: you found a BOMB in between TWO HOUSES.

Agreed. And where there's one, there may be more.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Dang I wanted a picture :(

Oh I mean thank God you were not hurt

I know folks too that were injuried by handling them

wet/sweating powder can be very dangerous

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread