Todays finds.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today's finds.

Got out 2-3 hours today. One hour was spent with some news paper reporter, me and my hunting buddy are going to be in the paper. lol
Only showing the "interesting" finds of today:

DSCF2643.JPG
DSCF2639.JPG
DSCF2646.JPG
DSCF2647.JPG

Only modern coins.. Found a British one pence I believe, still cleaning up. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's finds.

Keep digging, you have the spirit to find great things - time spent = time invested :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Eu_citzen

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

CRUSADER said:
Keep digging, you have the spirit to find great things - time spent = time invested :thumbsup:

You don't happen to be referring to the British coin? :tongue3: :D :wink:

Thanks for the kind words Crusader. And I like to believe the same thing. :wink:

I love this hobby since I don't have to think while detecting, it's like going into a trance of sorts, mind is completely blank.

And, yes I will find great many things, it's just a matter of time as you suggested. :thumbsup:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree with the Crusader! Only a matter of time before you dig some kind of Viking or ancient finds. I also got interviewed today, LOL. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Eu_citzen

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Bavaria Mike said:
I agree with the Crusader! Only a matter of time before you dig some kind of Viking or ancient finds. I also got interviewed today, LOL. HH, Mike
Thanks! :)
I will have to search on old ground to find old stuff though, this is just a modern park, for entertainment until we can relic hunt this summer.
We are looking to get permission on a few old houses, though many are summer residents only. :-[

Hahah you to got interviewed, coincidence? Or is Europeans becoming more interested in such hobbies? :D

John, بلَباه; thanks!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eu_citzen said:
Bavaria Mike said:
I will have to search on old ground to find old stuff though, this is just a modern park, for entertainment until we can relic hunt this summer.
We are looking to get permission on a few old houses, though many are summer residents only. :-[

Hahah you to got interviewed, coincidence? Or is Europeans becoming more interested in such hobbies? :D

John, بلَباه; thanks!

Try & get some ploughed land after the harvest :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Eu_citzen

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

CRUSADER said:
Eu_citzen said:
Bavaria Mike said:

John, بلَباه; thanks!

I'm actually looking at pasture at the moment, not many farmers in the not so fertile west of Smaland.
Also old home sites I have in my view. :)
Smaland, where I live, is mostly forest. :D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eu_citzen said:
CRUSADER said:
Eu_citzen said:
Bavaria Mike said:

John, بلَباه; thanks!

I'm actually looking at pasture at the moment, not many farmers in the not so fertile west of Smaland.

From what I gather, old forest sites are great hunting areas (other than the shotgun shells).

Vercingetorix (in France) has found amazing stuff. For some reason, that I have never understood, older stuff stays in the top layers & undamaged by plough or chemicals.

OP
OP
Eu_citzen

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

CRUSADER said:
Eu_citzen said:
CRUSADER said:
Eu_citzen said:
Bavaria Mike said:

John, بلَباه; thanks!

From what I gather, old forest sites are great hunting areas (other than the shotgun shells).

Vercingetorix (in France) has found amazing stuff. For some reason, that I have never understood, older stuff stays in the top layers & undamaged by plough or chemicals.

Yes if there has been any home sites or activities there, then they are good.

The most common atvities in the forests here where hunting and cutting fire wood. (only as much as needed mostly)
And that doesn't leave to much interesting relics I believe, and my area is pretty new, early 1800's.

Older sites like a village close by dates to the 1600's and that would be more interesting because "rich" people lived there at one time.
They had a few millions I think it was.

I believe that the roots of the trees help it stay in the top layer. :thumbsup:

Regards,
Eu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread