My personal best-My clubs personal best= Colonial bonanza

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The three detectateers were itching to hit a new spot as soon as the weather got better and stayed that way. Kyle provided me with his usual top notch research and gave me the name and address. I took it from there and contacted the landowner and set up a meet and greet. The best thing about the way we detect farmfields is that for the most part farmers are the kindest and most gracious people that you will ever contact. The owner said "Sure , any time " Off we went. Let me begin by saying that a Captain in the Continental Army resided at this residence. The revolutionary war is highest on our search priority. We weren't swinging for more than 20 minutes and bam a nice reading 6 inches deep. SILVER,SPANISH and 1 REALE. Later on after cleaning it was revealed to be a 1752 1 Reale in good condition. My personal oldest silver coin. 5 minutes later and a nice KGIII 1778 Copper. The nicest shape one I ever found. 3 minutes later another KGIII copper. Kirk yelled out soon after that "KGIII Copper. WOW what a site. Soon after that another KGIII copper for me. Swinging away it did not take Kyle long to join the chorus with "Spanish half Real" He determined later to be in perfect shape and 1781. We were soon singing with colonial endorphines. I said to the guys that right then I could bench 500 Lbs I was so psyched. My personal best is 350 max on the bench. I found a decent flat button after that. Kirk sounded off with "2 Reales" Oh My God. We couldn't believe it. It was later cleaned and revealed to be an 1810 2 Reales. Kyle then found a Tomback button. I found many shot musket balls and rounded out the hunt with a beautiful but bent by the plow Revolutionary war simple military shoe buckle. After we went home I called Kyle to tell him the date of my 1 Reale when he said that Kirk found a probable silver Cob. That floored us. Our all time best day. Enjoy this post everyone. :icon_king:
Chris
PIC00012-1.jpg

PIC00009-2.jpg

PIC00014-2.jpg

Attachments

• PIC00017.jpg
    PIC00017.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,345
  • PIC00018.jpg
    PIC00018.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,347
Upvote 4

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what I'm talking about :thumbsup: :o Great hunt!!! Awesome Spanish Silver and colonial copper. Was Kyle and Kirk with you?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on!!! You guys found a helluva good site...should be much more there!

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a awesome hunt Im glad to see you all pull some nice finds, love all the copper and a congrats on your oldest silver shes in good shape. Good luck on your next hunt hope its another best! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
JerDfx said:
Those are some great finds guys.

Pa has some great sites to offer. I am getting more interested now in older finds. We have alot of history and old homesteads and cabin sites around.

I bet you guys are gonna find some more at that place. Great early site to hunt.

HH Jer
Thanks Jerdfx, Pa. is prime detecting if you ask me.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
silverfreak said:
Holy cow bro. I'm at a loss for words. What an incredible day for you. Congrats :thumbsup:
Thanks Bryce...I couldn't sleep more than a few hour Saturday night after that one. That has never happened to me before.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
BuckleBoy said:
Good Lord, that's a Spanish Silver Bonanza! Nice work on the excellent coins, Zeus--and great job on getting the Green Flag. Congrats to Kyle on the research.

Best Wishes,

Buckles
Thanks Buck...It was nice to have Kirk back for the hunt. He has found a nice gal and he was finally able to detect again. I'm sure he was glad he didn't miss this one.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
RELICDUDE07 said:
Man you guys did great today,tell kirk and kyle relicdude likes the finds,you can see the file marks on that old buckle ..And the spanish reale is to die for .....lemony snickett :tongue3: ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :icon_pirat: :icon_study: :icon_scratch: :icon_profileright: :icon_profileleft: :-* :-* ::) :-X ;D :D
Thanks man......We are all still floating around whistling show tunes. ;D
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Derek752 said:
Hey CCZ !!!

Dude way ta go !! Kyle comes thru again with the PA colonial vanished homested except for the hidden coppas & Spanish wilvers !
Positively AMAZING ! :headbang: ! Virgin site no doubt and you've only scratched the surface :munky2:

Can ya add photos of Kirk & Kyles digs ? I'd love to see that cob !

Derek :thumbsup:
Thanks Derek. I wouldn't know Derek...I don't have alot of experience with virgins. :D
Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread