My personal best-My clubs personal best= Colonial bonanza

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The three detectateers were itching to hit a new spot as soon as the weather got better and stayed that way. Kyle provided me with his usual top notch research and gave me the name and address. I took it from there and contacted the landowner and set up a meet and greet. The best thing about the way we detect farmfields is that for the most part farmers are the kindest and most gracious people that you will ever contact. The owner said "Sure , any time " Off we went. Let me begin by saying that a Captain in the Continental Army resided at this residence. The revolutionary war is highest on our search priority. We weren't swinging for more than 20 minutes and bam a nice reading 6 inches deep. SILVER,SPANISH and 1 REALE. Later on after cleaning it was revealed to be a 1752 1 Reale in good condition. My personal oldest silver coin. 5 minutes later and a nice KGIII 1778 Copper. The nicest shape one I ever found. 3 minutes later another KGIII copper. Kirk yelled out soon after that "KGIII Copper. WOW what a site. Soon after that another KGIII copper for me. Swinging away it did not take Kyle long to join the chorus with "Spanish half Real" He determined later to be in perfect shape and 1781. We were soon singing with colonial endorphines. I said to the guys that right then I could bench 500 Lbs I was so psyched. My personal best is 350 max on the bench. I found a decent flat button after that. Kirk sounded off with "2 Reales" Oh My God. We couldn't believe it. It was later cleaned and revealed to be an 1810 2 Reales. Kyle then found a Tomback button. I found many shot musket balls and rounded out the hunt with a beautiful but bent by the plow Revolutionary war simple military shoe buckle. After we went home I called Kyle to tell him the date of my 1 Reale when he said that Kirk found a probable silver Cob. That floored us. Our all time best day. Enjoy this post everyone. :icon_king:
Chris
PIC00012-1.jpg

PIC00009-2.jpg

PIC00014-2.jpg

Attachments

• PIC00017.jpg
    PIC00017.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,345
  • PIC00018.jpg
    PIC00018.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,347
Upvote 4
OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
HomesteadHunter said:
I'm not sure how I missed this post, but WOW.....what a day you guys had. That's pretty much what I dream about, every swing of the coil brings excitement. Sites like that are so rare and hard to find. Good thing their are guys out there like yourself who do the research and find these places. Sites like that seem to get bulldozed and built over, than they're gone forever. Great hunt, and great saves for sure.

James.
HomesteadHunter.
Thanks H.H. You are exactly right. These sites are like finding a needle in a haystack. My nephew has gotten very good at the research aspect.
Chris

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Zeus! You guys always find the best! Congrats on the Coppers and the silver. Hogge :thumbsup:

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the making of a good day! Spanish Silver to start........colonial coppers and buttons, looks like that field is one of those sites you and your friends will be hunting for quite some time. Like you my friend , I ahve been out 4 times and its a great start ....gotta love those copper coins and buttons! Did someone say (War of 1812!) Congrats........... :wink:

The Seeker

oldsilver

Feb 20, 2017
East Coast-Mid Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Started with a Garrett. I think I've probably tried everything make and model from 1977, all the way to the up to the E-trac and GPX 4800.
Nothing new as for me now, I am pretty much handicapped.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loks like our Jersey coppers. Acid soil eats them! Nice Finds!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have a gem of a place to hunt! Congratualtions on the finds! :occasion14:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hahaha
I remember this from 8 years ago!
I started reading posts on this site way back when, this was one of the very first I saw!
how time does fly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread