sundays finds

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
got out today after the rain.surprisingly the ground wasnt as wet as i thought it would be. it must have really soaked into the soil. anyway, i hunted an old church :
7-WASHINGTON QUARTERS
3-ROOSEVELT DIMES
6-JEFFERSON NICKELS
4- MEMORIAL CENTS
1-1948 WHEATIE
1 BELT BUCKLE and some old relics presumably from a mausoleum that had once been on the property.before they had backhoes and modern equipment,if you died in the winter time they could not dig your grave. apparently they stored the bodies in this building untill the ground was soft enough to dig in.(according to my mother).it is now long gone but i found some old fuse holders and an old light socket and also some old nails.and a whatzit that looks to me to be a decorative vent piece that would have gone on the mausoleum.ill have to do some research though to see when the building was torn down and if it was electrified. if it wasnt then i have no idea where all this stuff came from.anyway.....thanks for looking!

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Hollow,

Looks like you had a busy day.

Nice finds.

Sounds like it would be and interesting place to detect. Makes it so much more interesting when you have

info from the past on the place your hunting.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds red! Great variety!

Nana ;)

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
The ground wasn't too bad here either. Glad to see the rosies are findin' you. ;D HH! Chris

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thanks guys! thats what i thought bigrig. there is a wooded picnic grove right behind the ballfield.that is where the wheatie came from. it was just under the surface . i also found a lot of old style pulltabs just under the surface as well. i think the roots from the nearby woods keep things from sinking very deep.i searched the grove kind of half heartedly (i didnt have a lot of time) but no silver. i think its been hammered before. im gonna go back again and hit the perimeters and maybe even in the woods a ways. hopefully the others didnt go there. there also were a ton of pulltab signals that i should probably dig.there could be some old nickels around.it seems like someone may have just cherry picked the silver signals and left the others in the ground judging by the amount of old pulltabs. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread