Hello from Rhode Island

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jayssan,

nice site. Like your historical ref. to your finds. Same sort of thoughts I have when I'm out in the field; that or wondering who left behind what I just found.

Hope you hang around Treasure Net.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Hey welcome, hope to see ya around. I'll check out the site.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hey Jayssan,

I enjoyed your website!...Welcome to this site! I'm new here myself and also from Rhode Island. Rhode Island and the surrounding areas are a great area to detect. Between the beaches and the history in the area, there are many good places to detect fairly close by. Maybe I'll see you out there sometime.

Glenn

OP
OP
J

Jayssan

Greenie
Oct 9, 2005
Thanks for the welcome all, glad to see my website seems to be getting some enjoyment!

Glenn, how right you are. Rhode Island being as small as it is has some wonderful opportunities to md...too bad all the old state parks are hands off though, I live about 1 mile from Colt park, and I just know it's loaded with old coins!

Jay

http://metaldetectingfool.bravehost.com

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Jayssan from a fellow Rhode Islander! I hear you about Colt Park, I live near Goddard Park, and you can only detect the beach there. I hunt mainly around the Warwick, E.Greenwich, W.Warwick and Coventry area, and a bit further west out in Foster & Killingly, CT. Nice to see another RI face here. See you in the field!!

PS: Your "mystery coin" is a Chinese silver 20 cent piece, but I can't tell the year, which is somewhere in the Chinese lettering on that side of the coin. Check out this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHINA-KWANGTU...oryZ4368QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck figuring out the year!!

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!! I'm from RI and try to get out as much as possible.
Maybe I'll see ya around!!
I detected at state parks and never had a problem :-\

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat site. HH

OP
OP
J

Jayssan

Greenie
Oct 9, 2005
Continued thanks to all who have stopped by my little website!

Joe,

As far as detecting in state parks....none of the patrols have bothered you?
I know when I began a park police (D.E.M.) told me it was off limits.

I did call the DEM and was told all state parks were off limits, but there beaches in the parks were ok.....curious as to your experience!

Jay http://metaldetectingfool.bravehost.com

RI-JenW

Feb 23, 2005
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
I'm From RI too..

I Never Find Anything in This State! ;D

Attachments

• rhode_island.gif
    rhode_island.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 247
OP
OP
J

Jayssan

Greenie
Oct 9, 2005
RI-JenW said:
Welcome!
I'm From RI too..

I Never Find Anything in This State!? ;D

Keep trying Jen, you'll break through yet!

Other things to find while in Rhode Island include : Losing lottery tickets.Mobters.Lobsters.Road repaving projects (THAT should be the symbol on the state flag). Home of the Pawtucket Red Sox, raising future players who will break hearts in the future! And last but not least? Cahhs and bahhhs and heavy gold chains on guys named Vinnie.

Jay
http://metaldetectingfool.bravehost.com

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
You said you were lasy? Your site and the fact you hunt as much as you do tend to contradict that. Good going. Cladius.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions