Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone!! Its been a while since I have hunted and posted.I have been really busy with work for monthes now and finally got to get out for a bit today.I went to an elementary school nearby.I hit the woodchip area 1st( always a confidence booster).I found the normal trash and zipper pulls along with some clad.I then hit the ball field and to my surprise ,I found more clad there than in the woodchips.I also dug this 1982 -20 pence piece.This will be my 5th foreign coin this year,which makes me happy.I was discouraged at the beggining of the season thinking I wouldnt find any,but they are coming in now.I dug this coin at 7 inches.At first site I thought I REALLY had something.All is well here.Total clad count for 2 1/2 hrs was,53 coins for $4.90 + a 20 pence coin.?

? ? ? ?Thanx for lookin, jimmy

Attachments

• pence1.jpg
    pence1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 389
  • pence2.jpg
    pence2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 380
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Jimmy! So glad you are all doing well and you got to go out today!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx nana.Does anyone know how much a 20 pence coin converts to in american?

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Hello all, 20 pence, which this happens to be a Scottish coin, ( United Kingdom Pounds) is equal to about 35 cents as of today's rate. It takes 5 of these to make one pound. There are several on line curency converters available . XE.com is a universal currency converter that I use. Hope this helps... :)

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info southcacalaky.It is a cool find to me.

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Glad to hear you got a chance to get out today. You know it's weird but I found that exact same coin today also. Same year too, 1982. I've never seen or found one before. Cool looking coin isn't it.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I'm glad to see that you got out today. It looks like you had an excellent day today. I need to get out as well, been 2 months since my last time and I'm running out of warm weather fast.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread