My Coin finds for 2009 as of Today April 9th 2009

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hello everyone!! I was bored tonight so I got out all of the regular(non-collectible) coins I have found so far this year. I am also going to include the wheat pennies and buffalo nickels I have found in the total(all non-silver coins). the totals are as follows:

136 Quarters
286 Dimes
40 Nickels
1,500 Pennies
106 Wheat Pennies
56 Assorted Damaged Quarters, Dimes, Nickels, Pennies
2 Buffalo Nickels

total of all of the above: 2,126 coins

this total does not count all the silver coins I have found(they were all in my safe and I am now too tired to dig them out and count them) anyway, I thought I would just put this info out there and see how I am hanging with the rest of you as far as total coins found, etc. I love this website and these forums.

Attachments

• MVC-792F.JPG
    MVC-792F.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 439
  • MVC-794F.JPG
    MVC-794F.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 439
Upvote 0

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ,your doing better than me.........I've only been out twice this year..(the ground just thawed out )..

Hope to catch up to ya................. :thumbsup:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Whoa!!

That's a helluva start for 2009, especially with the Illinois winters. I'm only getting out for my 4th hunt of the year this
weekend.
Mike

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
That is a good amount of coins, but you forgot to mention all of the pull tabs. I am happy to see that there are others out there that find that many coins. When I first started to hunt I have a friend that generally finds 1000+ coins a month & there were many members that doubted him because he didn't post pics. He does not have a computer so I started posting pics for him, they now no he is for real. I think most people that spend the time will find the coins, but not everyone can spend that much time with there MD.

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
WOW, that's some pretty good numbers there !

TommNJ

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
I thought I would just put this info out there and see how I am hanging with the rest of you as far as total coins found, etc. I love this website and these forums.

The better question is: How are "you" doing this year with respect to this same time last year. For me, I'm a little bit ahead of my last years totals. Here in S. Cal, we're able to detect all year long. Our total coin counts(oldies/clad) will be much higher than those from hunters back East.

I think you're doing pretty good, since you wanted to show us what you have found so far this year. :thumbsup:

Congrats. Keep it going!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
This will be my first complete year metal detecting, I got my prizm IV in August so I am going to see how many coins I can find this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread