Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally managed to get away and hunt last Friday and yesterday after recovering from a minor disaster that occurred a couple of weeks ago. :-\ Lisa and I revisited a site where I had not had the opportunity as of yet to try out this 6 X 10 DD coil. All I can say is I really wish that I had this coil long before now. :icon_pirat: It's hard to believe the difference it makes in hunting a site that is iron laden with every step.
The weather both days was nothing short of perfect...a nice breeze and temps in the low 70's. And if not for the final touch up of work from the crew this morning, I'd be out there again today. The grass was/is a bit tall in the pasture, but I didn't care. I just wanted to go diggin'! :icon_sunny:

100_2770.jpg

My favorite find from Friday was a trade token! I love to find these! I've found one other from this particular store last year and it was good for a dime. In the Alabama Trade Token book by Roy Wood it shows one for five cents, but nothing else listed.
This one was a good one! Good for fifty cents! ;D
100_2762.jpg

100_2758.jpg

Also found a neat button with a duck on it.....no back tho...
100_2791.jpg

And of course the ever present tax token... :D
100_2767.jpg

Yesterday we went back knowing that something else had to be there just waiting to be dug up....and it was. Another trade token! Woohoo! It's from the same store, but the five cent variety. Yee-haw! Now I've found the 5, 10 and 50 cent trade token from the same store! Wonder if they made a twenty five and dollar one? :icon_scratch: ;D
100_2813.jpg

Found this neat looking button too. The back was there, but nothing but a rusted blob when I pulled it out. Anyone know anything about the buttons?
100_2790.jpg

Finally found one lowly silver coin. Was a 1936 Merc and right after, found a 1936 wheat.

100_2787.jpg

100_2799.jpg

I had a great time just being out there. :)

100_2780.jpg

Nana~

Upvote 0

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An excellent bunch of finds, Nana! :hello2: Love the tokens. :thumbsup:

I just wanted to go diggin'! Glad I'm not the only gal who has these feelings....LOL.

HH

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Nana! Looks like great place to detect, and your finds prove it! Might be worth a trip back :thumbsup:

Rick

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That new coil is a relic vacuum Nana. :o Great looking tokens. :thumbsup:
Congrats. I'd be hitting that spot again.
-MM-
P.S. I hope you got that water issue repaired o.k. :wink:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
What a nice plce to detect!

and you sure are finding interesting things :thumbsup:

I like tokens, also...

Looks to me like one of those places that will never be completely worked out.
You could be finding nice things there almost forever!

:icon_sunny:

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Nice assortment there, Nana! I really like the trade token too!

Ray

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Nice finds, the buttons are great. I wish I could help you identify them.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Those are some terrific digs, Nana. I love those trade tokens. I have not found any except some early 20th century tin tokens.

Isn't it funny how, as the finds get better with more experience, a Mercury Dime becomes a "lowly" find? 7 years ago I would have jumped up and down and done a dance if I found one!

Things have certainly changed for both of us!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never seen a 50 cent token. That must have been the "big daddy" of tokens in those days. I always see 5 cent tokens, but 50?? Nice buttons you found too. A little silver is a sweet surprise too :thumbsup:

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Nana,

Looks like you had a great time, and I LOVE your attitude!!! I've yet to find a trade token and think those are really a neat find. I have a drawer waiting for my first!

Now, about the pics, all of them are great, but I really like the cactus picture, here in TX that has to be my favorite flowering wild plant!

Grip

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my 6x10 DD in trasy spots as well, it seperates the good stuff really well, great finds Nana!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NANA' GREAT FINDS FROM MY KIND OF WOMAN!!!! I JUST WANT TO GO DIGGING !! NANA WILL U MERRY ME!! MAINERELIC.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
You got NEW GLOVES ... :o :o :o

Congrat's ~ Nicky ... :-* :-* :-*

;D That's the 1st thing I noticed! Dang, you're finding all kinds of neat stuff, those tokens are just drawn to you like a magnet.

Glad you got the water situation all under control...that's a lot of work + headaches. You needed a break and with a beautiful day and your finds, you couldn't of asked for anything better.

:wink: RR

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
nana!!! great finds. cant id but i like the button with the stars . hope you find some info . keep us informed. willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions