SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gang. The pic I have is of the basketball court where Jeff found his ring. My sand volleyball area didn't show up. But here is the ring with some other I found in the last month or so. May have already shown these. The ring was just 2" down and gave me a jump start when I saw the stone then the gold color. Read a 74 VDI on my Whites M6.

Some place we leave early when the orange suits show up--work gang from county jail. Tom cloud park, Buckeye. Heheheh

100_0947.jpg

100_0945.jpg

100_0946.jpg

Sand pit Gold plated Ring
100_0956.jpg

100_0957.jpg

SKD

Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
They let the county jail guys metal detect in the parks? That guy by the fence looks like he's swinging a DFX!

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virezon said:
time4me said:
They let the county jail guys metal detect in the parks? That guy by the fence looks like he's swinging a DFX!

He's swinging a weed-wacker ;)
I think you are right--weed wacker--winner!
SKD

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My local volleyball courts don't give up much. Just a bunch of cheap pennies. But people play there all the time so I'm still hopeful that I'll hit gold some day. What I can tell you is that detecting in the sand volleyball courts is a real dream. You can see where you've been and the Garrett ProPointer makes quick work of finding items in the sand. Just plunge the end into the sand and swirl it around. When it beeps continuously you're touching the item with the end of the pinpointer. Sure beats digging plugs in the hard clay. It makes me wish I lived close to a beach! :wink:

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mts said:
My local volleyball courts don't give up much. Just a bunch of cheap pennies. But people play there all the time so I'm still hopeful that I'll hit gold some day. What I can tell you is that detecting in the sand volleyball courts is a real dream. You can see where you've been and the Garrett ProPointer makes quick work of finding items in the sand. Just plunge the end into the sand and swirl it around. When it beeps continuously you're touching the item with the end of the pinpointer. Sure beats digging plugs in the hard clay. It makes me wish I lived close to a beach! :wink:

I don't get a lot in sand lots either but once in a while a 50 cent pieces keys or a ring or jewelry. And that keeps me going. It is fast to do anyway/.
SKD

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long does it take you to do a standard sand volleyball court? The last time I did one it took me over an hour. And that was without finding much and using my Garrett ProPointer which sped up recovery time immensely.

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mts said:
How long does it take you to do a standard sand volleyball court? The last time I did one it took me over an hour. And that was without finding much and using my Garrett ProPointer which sped up recovery time immensely.
I am fast and hunt like the wind. I figure there is not much there so overlap in not as critical. 15 min. per court/or side of court. Boring zigzagging.

SKD

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You do hunt fast. And yet you still find way more stuff than I do. That doesn't quite seem fair. :wink:

By the way, my brother lives in Dayton (Centerville) and I'm in Columbus.

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mts said:
Wow! You do hunt fast. And yet you still find way more stuff than I do. That doesn't quite seem fair. :wink:

By the way, my brother lives in Dayton (Centerville) and I'm in Columbus.

Nice mts we should hunt sometime. Columbus it best I think. Hit lots of parks in Centerville and not much.

SKD

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. I'm new to the sport so I'm still trying to figure out where the good spots are in Columbus. If I find a good one I'll drop you a line. :)

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring, Terry. Those orange-suiters need to be put to better use than sitting in jail whinning about life and why they are there :laughing7:

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Shame it wasn't real SKD!! Congrats on a sweet find anyways!!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here is a tip: Go to the 7 - 11 store and look for the Apartment Guide books that list all the rental apartments and its amenities. Scan them for Tot Lots, Bar-B-Q grills and volley ball courts. In large cities, it'll provide anywhere to a handful to dozens of potential MD'ing sites. :thumbsup: ;D

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack(IN) said:
Shame it wasn't real SKD!! Congrats on a sweet find anyways!!
That was the same place we took you to hunt only up on the hill. Jeff and I have hunted below a couple of time and come up empty.

SKD

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Terry, A Ring is a Ring!

HH, Ringfinder

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jees .. I looked at the Pic & thought

What ? You's a Prison Detecting Club
out for Exercise ? ;D

Cool Pics , Cool Ring !

I Always search the V-Ball Courts
Havn't found any rings at them yet.

Congrats !

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Fooled me too. I thought the guy with the weed wacker was holding a detector. LOL

I have only found one ring on a VB court ( search them all the time). It was a HS ring and I managed to return it to the owner.

HH

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread