1904 schoolhouse....this is getting really weird now

W

whites6000inPa

The schoolhouse well has not gone dry. That announcement was a bit premature....for the second time. I was between coats of finish on 8 banjo necks. They needed to dry for 2 hours before I could proceed.....so I hopped in the car and headed down the hill.

I was there 2 1/2 hours, and just before I left, I was detecting right next to the sidewalk about a half a block from the school....and found the walker at only 2 inches, and the quarter only a foot away from it at 4 inches.

The weird part (insert twilight zone theme here) is that the walker is a 1944....same as the last one. The quarter that accompanied it was a 52....the same date as the silver quarter I found the day I found the other walker. I have also found a pair of 1942 quarters there.

If good things come in 3's.....I might be done with the big silver finds at the old schoolhouse property. But that won't keep me from going back to the old school.

I don't blame anybody who would think I'm making this stuff up.....I would probably be skeptical too if I were reading this.....some really strange happenings. Fortunate coincidence though.

I found some other stuff that needs cleaned....will post later.

Wyatt

Attachments

• REPEAT.JPG
    REPEAT.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 567
Upvote 0

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

Hi Rob.......It's only a matter of time until you swing the coil over one or more. I found all dimes at first, then started hitting the fringe areas...and that's where the big silver was lying. You might want to start at the edges to increase your odds of finding the bigger coins. I know it's human tendency to go to the middle of a big site....I did it myself at this very site. I imagine everybody before me did the same thing.

Wyatt

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Great digs whites6000!!! It is so nie to silver that silver come out of the ground in big chunks like that!

Congrats buddy! Hope the silver keeps coming up for you!

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

HI Beetle........Thanks. I wish you continued sucess at your playground too. I saw those 4 pcs you popped out this morning. Way to go! Don't forget to detect the edges....where maybe everybody else didn't bother. That's where I found the big stuff. This place won't continue like this forever....but man it's been a thrill a minute for a couple weeks.

Wyatt

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice Digs, WTG!!!
After me, myself finding a cache, I'd believe anything, I'd believe ya if ya told me you found a pot of gold left by a leprechaun... ;D
Keep up the good work,,,
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaaah! You went back and SCORED! As I was hoping! ;D I just love finding a site like that, that you can count on (mostly). Good luck with the rest of the grounds!

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

HI Nate......

I also scored a big, heavy US Marines ring in Sterling today. I'm going to start working some other sites and keep this one for occassional use. There should be several more sites here that will do me well. Time to let this place heal up some.

Wyatt

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Wyatt, the banjo playing silver seeker. Ya done good! Insert the tune "Deliverence".

Attachments

• banjo player.gif
    banjo player.gif
    37.5 KB · Views: 270

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Nice Going Whites6000inPA!

I was excited to see that Uniontown Motor Club badge, that's from my hometown.

I live in MD now, but still go back to Uniontown all the time to metal detect.

Nice Halves and Quarters, good luck on the third time around!

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I really wish that enameled AAA badge had been in much better condition. It was enameled in crimson and white, and was probably very nice in it's day. The porcelain finish dates it after 1905....because the process of bonding glass to a metallic base was invented in 1905 by none other than David Dunbar Buick of motorcar fame. Early buicks have enameled exhaust manifolds.

Pa license plates were "porcelain" until about 1920 I believe.

There are some places in Uniontown I'd love to detect. I know a guy who found an 1876 seated quarter and an 1877 seated dime....in the same hole over there.....and they were nearly new when lost. Nice coins. We just seem to have the baby boomer stuff here.

Wyatt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread