Tootsietoy cars........

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I recently located the location of an old one room school on an old map. I went there after work and found the owner living up the road. We chatted for a while about the old school, which he said was lived in as a residence up until about 8 years ago. He granted permission to hunt around it.

I first found two wheats near the front door. Then I hit a spill of about 9 memorials under a large oak tree. There was a row of very old oaks along the side of the school. I went to the next tree and started hitting these cars. I have found tons of matchbox cars over the years and just throw them into the car box. Most of them are in pretty bad shape, missing the wheels, etc.

After I dug 9 of the cars......I thought this is a little rediculous.....I want to find some Mercs! lol....so I moved on down the line checking under other trees. I sudenly realized how late it was getting and how hungry I was getting so I called it a night.

After dinner, I got looking at the cars after washing them off a little. Several are matchbox, but most of them are "TootsieToy". To be honest, I never heard of them, so I did a little bit of research. The first two I checked, even in this poor of condition book for anywhere from $8.00 to $30.00 each. These cars all have all their wheels, and I am sure there are tons more of them!

Does anybody know more about these? Any collectors out there?

Thanks, Tim

Attachments

• finds 018A.JPG
    finds 018A.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and sounds like a lucky spot to hunt for you :icon_thumright:

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are numerous web pages on old diecast cars, to include Tootsie Toys, just google and also look at ebay. The old Redline hotwheels are worth alot also 1968-1977 There is a pink beach bomb redline worth $70k

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread