Superior button

mudgeedigger

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2009
Hey! today i went detecting an old gold town which no longer exist! best finds of the day were some old chinese coins and an 1879 silver english threepence!

i also found a number of buttons with one in particular.... it said "Superior" on it with a little bird next to it??

Has anyone came across these before and could you give me any info on them?

Im from australia.

cheers Mudgee digger

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mudgeedigger said:
Hey! today i went detecting an old gold town which no longer exist! best finds of the day were some old chinese coins and an 1879 silver english threepence!

i also found a number of buttons with one in particular.... it said "Superior" on it with a little bird next to it??

Has anyone came across these before and could you give me any info on them?

Im from australia.

cheers Mudgee digger

Welcome to Tnet from the UK :hello: & good morning

Probably better putting the request for info in the 'What Is It' section, your get a better response. But read this first:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259110.0.html

If you can't do a picture, it doesn't stop you posting but we will need much more details. I assume its a 1 piece button & flat for example. Superior is a quality mark on the reverse, & was used on gilt buttons, so yours was gold gilt at one point. My guess without the full details is 1830s.

The 1879 3 pence is a good find in any country, nice little piece of silver :icon_thumright:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net. Hunting an old ghost town that doesn't exist :dontknow: If it wasn't there how do you know where you were, or if you were even there? :laughing9: I have several ghost towns by me, several we cannot detect them because they are set up as national parks. I hope that you can post pictures in the future, everyone love to see pictures along with the stories.

OP
OP
M

mudgeedigger

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2009
Ill try and get sum pics up when i get a camera... i ment it was a town but has since all buildings have demolished... i did some research and found there once was a pub blacksmith and school. i think i was detecting the pub as there was lots of old glass smashed bottles. the area also had no trees which made me think there once was a dwelling there. thanks for your help..

From Aus

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread