Goldnow finally strikes first Gold

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Too bloody hot these past few days to do anything but takes showers and eat ice cold watermellon, but today we got a break. Had to change the battery on my Tesoro for the first time, and had an hour and half to find more hotrocks, before I had to make a BBQ for the friends.

Found another 3 hotrocks, (why doesn't the pinpointer react to them?), then an aluminum coin looking thing, THEN, 4 inches down, BINGO! My first gold of any kind on land! A Ring! Within around 10-12 hours since I started dirt diving. I must have stared at it for 3 minutes before I took a breath. What a thrill runs through your heart, and dropped 10 years off my birthdays, too. Ran and got the camera, did a few pics, ran home with it cradling it like a baby. Wifey takes one look at it and says, "Those are my initials, "GH." with a plea in her eye....First, I love the incredible coincidence, then slowly reality sets in and I feel I just lost another toy. I clean it, photograph it, weighs in at 6 grams, but maybe only 4, says "750" on the inside (18k), and keep trying to convince her the "H" is an "S".. Am I right?

Attachments

• Mvc-048f.jpg
    Mvc-048f.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 779
  • Mvc-049f.jpg
    Mvc-049f.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 763
  • Mvc-050f.jpg
    Mvc-050f.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 764
  • Mvc-051f.jpg
    Mvc-051f.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 768
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like FS to me

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find - congrats!!! It looks like FL to me but it also looks like FS

OP
OP
goldnow

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
As long as it ain't "GH" on it, I've got a better than a 50/50 chance of holding onto it in my drawer, as opposed to hers.

Besides gold rings, Wifey has a problem with passing past a shoe store display window without first stopping and going into a 5 minute trance.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol brother you might as well face the fact your one of us an it dont matter what letters are on that ring she will have it if she wants it lol dont feel bad its happened to all of us :icon_thumleft:

btw sweet ring congrats :icon_thumright:

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Goldnow that is a great ring and a heavy one. Let her have it! She will encourage you to hunt more...lol

I think FS too. Anyway her wearing it is a great talking point with strangers and to open conversaations that maybe get you into another place to hunt.

I always offer them to my wife, first. She never takes one but when a diamond appears I will be out of luck. I just want to buy a better detector to find her more jewelry....sneaky huh.

PS: I went a year before I found anything gold and months till my first silver...anything. I now have 7 gold rings and 37 silver ones. It may be a while before you find anything like that coin again. Good luck and God Bless You.

SKD

OP
OP
goldnow

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Thanks all...It's good to know that my experience has been shared by all, when it comes to Jewelery and our better halves. I've got it on my pinky at the moment, but I think she's just letting me get some time with it until it is taken away.

So, do you tell them when you find a diamond ring, or not? That is the question.

Okay, Silver coin crossed off the list, Gold ring crossed off the list. Next is a Gold coin, right?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 18k signet ring!

She may not want this one....but believe me, from now on she will be biding her time just waiting for you to find just the right one, then whoosh.....it will disappear from your hand like magic. :crybaby2: ;D

OP
OP
goldnow

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Thrillathahunt, I believe my success at this particular marriage, was the implementation of the censorship of the word "No" on myself, when dealing with my wife. To this day, for 10 years now, I have yet to deny her a single time anything. I may have reasoned her to exhaustion to see it my way, but I never said No!

Of course she can have it, but I just wanted to hold it for awhile, It was my first baby. And the find was classic, Perfect beep single, perfect plug, instant pinpointer SIIINGGG!..

Okay, the thrill is gone on this one, I need another fix right away.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18k nice, :o forget 10k-14k (41-58% pure gold) :dontknow: that's hardly gold go for the good stuff :laughing7: If your going to find it, find 18k...(75% solid gold) Sweet !!! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH!! :D ;D

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I may have reasoned her to exhaustion to see it my way"

I like the way you put that! I practice that technique regularly with limited results :D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your first gold :icon_thumleft: I couldn't see the initials because the gold is in the way ;D

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats just tell her it will only cost her a little detector money for the ring sure you could use some goodies new coil, headphones, or the like. That way you both win.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice looking ring and congs on your 1st gold.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread