Last find of the year ... ***GOLD***.... time to sell the ACE250 !!

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Have not been around here much as of late because I have not been able to get much hunting in due to the "degeneration" problem with my knees. ( being 300 LBs does not help a whole lot with my leg problems? :D )

( Actually, I lied about not being around here much ..... I have, but only to read about & view all of the AWESOME finds by the rest of you !! I hope to get myself in better shape to get BACK to Metal Detecting ASAP )

My LAST find of the year was also IMO, my BEST find !! It convinced me to give in to my neighbor and sell him my ACE250 that he has been bugging me about for WEEKS !! I will sell the coin off on eBay early next month and combined with the $200.00 I got for the ACE & some Fantasy Baseball winnings for the year, spring for a Whites Detector as soon as I feel my body will cooperate with the use I plan on giving it.

Unearthed this on Sunday afternoon.

I am happier than a kitten following a leaky cow !!? ;D

Hope everyone here has a GREAT Holiday Season !!

Attachments

• 6227.jpg
    6227.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 522
  • 6227a.jpg
    6227a.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 539
Upvote 0

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
First let me say- VERY VERY VERY nice coin!!!!
It's 99% of hunters goals to find a gold coin, I know It's certainly mine!
How much did the coin end up fetching?

Congrats on the find and hope your around here still,

Jesse

shellback

Sep 19, 2006
Yea I agree great find but I cant lie I d rather you stay out of the fields so we can find one too!

LOL Im only joking but something like that Im sure there arent many in the same spot but then again who knows..

Shellback

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
These are going on ebay for 200 dollars and up.

Nice find!

I will say (as others have) I dunno if I could sell my first gold coin like that. But then, it is your decision to make.

And you do have the photos, and the memories, and the story to tell. So keeping the coin is not exactly necessary haha...
;)

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT find!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with all the others and would NEVER sell it, don;t sell any of my coin finds, but that is me, and I agree with Froggy..it is YOUR find and YOUR coin and this being America, you are free to do whatever you wish with it...:):) That said, I still would not part with it, especially with it being your first gold coin find. Haven't found my first gold coin ....yet...:) But am thrilled to see ANYONE find nice gold coins, or even silver for that matter.....CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
i wouldn't sell it, cause i'd be dead from a heart attack....... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
i can't imagine finding that....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Michigan Badger said:
Has anybody heard from Mississippi Yankee since last December?

Ah, yeah. I have !! ;)

The Gold Dollar brought about $185.00.

I spent a little time months ago showing my neighbor how to use the Ace & he lets me "Borrow' it whenever I feel up to getting a little detecting in. Shame is, that my legs have gotten much worse as of late & I had to file for disability. The best find I came up with when using the Ace250 "on loan" was a 1863 C/N Indian Head penny that I posted here on TN a couple of months ago.

Shame is, that IF I get approved for Disability, I am REALLY going to regret selling off that gold coin !! Guess I will have to just go out & find another when the legs get better. ;D :D ;)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is this post NOT in the best of treasurenet forum?

Great coin by the way and I hope you get healthy soon! Stay positive!

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations on last years gold. Ended the year with a huge bang. Perhaps you can rip up the Christmas season this year as well.

Postalrevnant

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
HOOT HOOT HOOT.....WTG on that coin find. I'm sure your well chuffed...... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread