Few coppers, some buttons, a thimble... and oh yeah... Colonial Silver :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAY too tried to say much right now but the day didn't go as planned, but because of that it triggerd some old research I had done and sent me back to a certain area to try again. The field ended up having nothing, well almost nothing, just this 1750s era French Silver 12 Sol. :tongue3: I'm cool with the coin but I think the early to mid. 1700s settlement is in the next field over ;D Everything points at it being there and we'll be counting the days until the crop is off.

The coppers still have to be cleaned. They are an 1812 token, 1820 Trade & Navigation token, Indian Head Penny, and French 6 Deniers (1710-1712) Also a Taylor Brothers sawnut and other odds and ends.

Attachments

• hr2.jpg
    hr2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 778
  • hr2a.jpg
    hr2a.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 773
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Pretty darn good finds there IP, hope the future hunt nearby produces some good buttons/relics for you. The French coins have basically eluded me, but do have one copper 1770's French Sol, but my son has the 1595 Douzain, three 1650s Liards and a mid 1800s French silver 20 cent piece, so the coins did circulate down here in South Jersey.

I checked the article my friend wrote for the C4 Newsletter and he reported finding in South Jersey: 1778 French Silver Ecu, a 30 Sous silver Louis XVI, and eight French Coppers, not dateable, but of late 18th century design.

Your area sure did have a good number or tokens that ciruclated. :)

Don

I've probably found 40 early French coins but most are pretty toast. After 1760 all that seems to turn up is mid. 1800s 5 centimes.

From about 1812 -1850 tokens were very popular and we have found many including some fairly rare ones.

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great hunt thats like 3 months worth of finds for me! Congrats on the nice colonial silver! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions