Few coppers, some buttons, a thimble... and oh yeah... Colonial Silver :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAY too tried to say much right now but the day didn't go as planned, but because of that it triggerd some old research I had done and sent me back to a certain area to try again. The field ended up having nothing, well almost nothing, just this 1750s era French Silver 12 Sol. :tongue3: I'm cool with the coin but I think the early to mid. 1700s settlement is in the next field over ;D Everything points at it being there and we'll be counting the days until the crop is off.

The coppers still have to be cleaned. They are an 1812 token, 1820 Trade & Navigation token, Indian Head Penny, and French 6 Deniers (1710-1712) Also a Taylor Brothers sawnut and other odds and ends.

Attachments

• hr2.jpg
    hr2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 778
  • hr2a.jpg
    hr2a.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 773
Upvote 0

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Nice finds! I wouldn't mind finding a french silver coin myself.

Ray

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Way to Go Mr. Patch ;D Maybe the Day didn't go as planned but WOW > Get selection of Relics and Coins. Congrats on the old Silver !!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
If it's tiring you out, perhaps you need a lighter machine :D

Looking forward to seeing what's in the next field :icon_thumleft:

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Holy crap I.P. Can't get much better than a 12 SOL. I'll bet you are salivating to get in the crop field. It wont be long now. I would imagine the harvest up north in Canada will be done shortly. A great find indeed.
Chris

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds I.P.! Like the Silva. :headbang:

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
oh ,just 1730s french silver?thought it would be somethin good...lol. great finds.!.!.!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I like the square nails the most. :laughing9: IP, you cleaned up all of Canada with those recoveries; well, you at least cleaned up in that field in Canada. :notworthy: The Colonial silver is the day maker...and probably a year maker once the season is over.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
If it's tiring you out, perhaps you need a lighter machine :D

Looking forward to seeing what's in the next field :icon_thumleft:

No, the pizza and beer after the hunt is what did it. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Holy crap I.P. Can't get much better than a 12 SOL. I'll bet you are salivating to get in the crop field. It wont be long now. I would imagine the harvest up north in Canada will be done shortly. A great find indeed.
Chris

Unfortunately I think it will be a month or so before we get in, and with the silver coin being the only thing in the field along side I can't say for sure the settlement wasn't already detected... all assuming it's where I think it is. Access is a little harder than most other places so I feel there's a good chance it would be passed on by others unless they had the same research done. I guess only time will tell, but if it works out it will be one heck of a day detecting!

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there Patch!Nice work!
Great Finds! :thumbsup:
Great research! :thumbsup:
Great Times! :occasion14:
At least a six pack next time for the tired thing! :laughing9:
Timekiller!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought you lived in Canada. :dontknow: :laughing9: Show those Tiffin tokens! :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
I thought you lived in Canada. :dontknow: :laughing9: Show those Tiffin tokens! :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

I can't remember the last time I found a Tiffin... nor do I care when I find the next one! :D They're all yours!

PS... Thinking a little more I think this coin might be 1740s or 50s by the little I can see on the bust. No biggie either way.

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if these great finds are any indications of what to come once you locate the settlement site I would at this point in time like to put in my Banner nomination reservation:D I have a hunch it will be a button :wink:

What's the first item in pic?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IronSpike said:
Well if these great finds are any indications of what to come once you locate the settlement site I would at this point in time like to put in my Banner nomination reservation :D I have a hunch it will be a button :wink:

What's the first item in pic?

It's only the coin that was in the area, but was a French site dating about 1720-1750 I was looking for. Some times these sites had cross-over settlers so Rev War buttons can be possible. If it's only French than a cob is likely to turn up.

First item... top left? Something posted a candle snuffer that looked close.

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds man! Sweet! :hello2: :headbang:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty darn good finds there IP, hope the future hunt nearby produces some good buttons/relics for you. The French coins have basically eluded me, but do have one copper 1770's French Sol, but my son has the 1595 Douzain, three 1650s Liards and a mid 1800s French silver 20 cent piece, so the coins did circulate down here in South Jersey.

I checked the article my friend wrote for the C4 Newsletter and he reported finding in South Jersey: 1778 French Silver Ecu, a 30 Sous silver Louis XVI, and eight French Coppers, not dateable, but of late 18th century design.

Your area sure did have a good number or tokens that ciruclated. :)

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread