HELP!! (update ) TALKED TO Clint , Richard Nichols son.(YA NEVER KNOW)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this today bout 5 inches down. One of the cards is metalic dats how i found it and i need help finding this dude. His name is Richard L Nichols firewarden and peace officer for the state of CA. born 07/20/28. Ihave his social number but aint going to post it for reasons. The place where i found it had evidence of a burned out cabin. :dontknow: Here is da creepy thing my daughter found blond hair on 1 of the cards and remnants of $1 dollar bills. The local sheriffs dept. said they could help soo im taking it over to them. :dontknow: dinkey creek LOL

Attachments

• lost 005.jpg
    lost 005.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 5,480
Upvote 0
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: HELP!!

my camera sucks but here it is.

Attachments

• lost 004.jpg
    lost 004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5,475

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

In Maryland there is the Maryland Police Training Commision which keeps records of all active and former police/peace officers. I am sure the state of California has the same type of organization. You should be able to call them and provide the name and social security number of the subjects wallet you found. If they have records they probably will be able to get you in contact with him if not deceased or put you in contact with a family member. If that doesnt work try contacting the agency which is located on the identification card. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RiverRat3 said:
In Maryland there is the Maryland Police Training Commision which keeps records of all active and former police/peace officers. I am sure the state of California has the same type of organization. You should be able to call them and provide the name and social security number of the subjects wallet you found. If they have records they probably will be able to get you in contact with him if not deceased or put you in contact with a family member. If that doesnt work try contacting the agency which is located on the identification card. Hope it helps.
:thumbsup:

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California

I looked in the online Social Security Death Index for Richard Nichols and Richard L Nichols
and couldn't find a name, he might be still alive.

Does his SS number begin with 506 (closest name match)?

Social Security Death Index:
http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com

By the way, the White Front stores went out of business in the mid 1970's.

:)

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WilliamBoyd said:
I looked in the online Social Security Death Index for Richard Nichols and Richard L Nichols
and couldn't find a name, he might be still alive.

Does his SS number begin with 506 (closest name match)?

Social Security Death Index:
http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com

By the way, the White Front stores went out of business in the mid 1970's.

:)
checked it he might still be alive :hello:

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)

I'm bookmarking this...keep us updated!!! I will definately vote BANNER if you find an 81 year old man and return his wallet...or give it to his family for memories!

~Tom

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ashleysflyr said:
I'm bookmarking this...keep us updated!!! I will definately vote BANNER if you find an 81 year old man and return his wallet...or give it to his family for memories!

~Tom

Considering this was a Recent Find
I Would Definately Banner it If he finds him :wink:

Intresting Find AA !

don't see this mentioned ???
Any of the Cards have Dates
to age the wallet ?

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Go to the Social Security webb site and look for deceased type in the ss # 1928....could be deceased by now.

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

This is one find you DEFINATELY turn in to the police.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

AA, that has to be the coolest find someone has found so far this month! Congratulations! Just think of the history behind that wallet! :)

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur

Spooky - in more ways than one.

I just spent a few minutes doing google searches on Richard Nichols, and came across a story about the murder of a little girl in Florida many years back. The murderer was the 14 year old kid across the street, and the kid's defense attorney was named Richard Nichols.

What makes this spooky is that my son and I just watched a TV show LAST NIGHT about this case and several other cases where juveniles committed terrible murders and were tried as adults and sentanced to life in prison.

What a bizarre coincidence that the name of the guy in the wallet that AAbattery finds produces a google article on a story that I watched on TV last night!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hi guys sorry it took so long to respond. The Warden and i got looped haloween nite at a party so we couldnt move Sunday. :-[ Found out from my daughters buddy that Richard is dead on some web site. Now i found this in Dinky Creek CA. and its about a hour in a half from Fresno. The wallet wuz 5ft from an area with many nails and burned wood as though a cabin wuz near. If he is dead can i post his social # and not hurt his family if there is any ? :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread