Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KKC got out to a new Colonial site today. It looks like my coil is still hot on the copper trail. I dug a corroded Draped Bust large cent and a decent King George II halfpenny.

Keep the passion high, folks!

Kirk

King Georges 004.JPG
King Georges 007.JPG
King Georges 003.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the replies. This site was fun to hit. Every high hit that coin checked turned out to be a copper. We hope to get on a new site for this Sunday. :)

KKC now has 74 coppers for 2009. :hello2: Last year we ended the year with 71.

Kirk

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CMDiamonddawg said:
Oh yea!! Those colonials loved their clams ::),I find them all over these sites 2 . Shells weather better than the coppers :icon_scratch: your finds are Great!! :thumbsup:

Even without the research, one would be able to date the site to Colonial times after viewing clam shells in the field. They were a nice addition to my collection.

Kirk

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
Oh yea!! Those colonials loved their clams ::),I find them all over these sites 2 . Shells weather better than the coppers :icon_scratch: your finds are Great!! :thumbsup:

Even without the research, one would be able to date the site to Colonial times after viewing clam shells in the field. They were a nice addition to my collection.

Kirk

I forgot to mention, I am very glad to see you're saving those with your finds. Definitely helps piece together the Colonial scene :icon_thumright:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
BuckleBoy said:
Nice finds! That "8" might turn out to be a good relic. Is it decorated at all? Are there holes punched in, or braising marks on the piece?

Buck,

We will get a closer picture of it tomorrow night and post it on the "What is it" forum. I think someone will have an idea of what it is.

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
timekiller said:
"Say What"!!! Were is the bucket of water you guy's are on FIRE! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Man ol Man my hand is starting to itch.I might have to get that old green machine of mine out of the closet soon. You guy's are killing them coppers simply killing the coppers.A freaking bonanza of coppers! Keep punishing the ground up there guy's.Like I told kyle I like the fact you all added your other finds in.As it is neat to me at least to see the hunt as a whole! :thumbsup: And the other types of things you guy's find.Man I'm Happy for you guy's. :notworthy: I don't know of one place that those many coppers would be a sure find.But I do know many places and as time goes on we will see. Two has been my best. 8)
Tk,

Yoooo, Pete, it is good to see you spazzing out. LOL I know when you have your passion at a high. Go get some more Colonial relics!

Kirk

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
timekiller said:
"Say What"!!! Were is the bucket of water you guy's are on FIRE! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Man ol Man my hand is starting to itch.I might have to get that old green machine of mine out of the closet soon. You guy's are killing them coppers simply killing the coppers.A freaking bonanza of coppers! Keep punishing the ground up there guy's.Like I told kyle I like the fact you all added your other finds in.As it is neat to me at least to see the hunt as a whole! :thumbsup: And the other types of things you guy's find.Man I'm Happy for you guy's. :notworthy: I don't know of one place that those many coppers would be a sure find.But I do know many places and as time goes on we will see. Two has been my best. 8)
Tk,

Yoooo, Pete, it is good to see you spazzing out. LOL I know when you have your passion at a high. Go get some more Colonial relics!

Kirk
Spazzing YES,Able to go no :'( Rain here buddy for the next three days rain that won't let you do nothing I'm talking so I'll just sit and plan and wish and daydream and be miserable for three :'( :'( :'( Nothing like a cry baby huh. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :hello:
You guy's take up my slack! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsup:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Not easy to make those types of finds. I give you guys alot of credit being able to come up with such early finds on a consistent basis. Whoever is doing the research is doing a damn good job. Plus you guys getting permission all the time is great to. Someone is gonna find a spanish gold coin one day.

HH Jer

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JerDfx said:
Nice finds,

Not easy to make those types of finds. I give you guys alot of credit being able to come up with such early finds on a consistent basis. Whoever is doing the research is doing a damn good job. Plus you guys getting permission all the time is great to. Someone is gonna find a spanish gold coin one day.

HH Jer

Thanks, Jeremy, for the reply. All 74 coppers and 6 Spanish silvers came from sites that Kyle researched and my uncle obtained permission to hunt.

Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions