found my first barber!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
had a great beginning to the new year! i decided to hunt a strip of woods that i have been researching for quite a while, and came up with a beautyful 1903 barber dime. it looks like it was dropped shortly after it was minted as the condition is great! i also found a 1925 merc at the same site! i wish i could go into detail about the site but i am not finished hunting it,and i dont want to give its location away just yet.(i know there is some compitition in the area that reads the forum!) man im stoked!! this is a great hobby! ;D

Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations, hollow. When did you say you were getting that new digital camera??? ;)

Good luck.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wtg! Tsgman

R

rvbvetter

Great find!! Where's this site? Cmon, you can trust me not to tell. WTG!! HH

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still looking for my first..nice find.Congrat's and good luck in the new year..

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thanks for the nice replies! i dont have the technology to post pictures at the moment. :( i have no camera or even a scanner,and even if i did,i probably dont have enough memory on my crappy computer to run them. :'( maybe someday...........anyway, to answer your question, no i havnt sold any of my finds. to be honest i really dont have that many good finds to date to even think about it right now! for now im happy to just collect them.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
WTG Hollow! Sounds like your site has potential--the dates on those coins means the area has the ability for some rare dates. May the rest of the year be just as easy. Good luck and HH!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats, on the first barber man. They are a nice coin to find.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread