1832 Large Cent. Other Coins Plus A Ton Of Early Artifacts.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone, Put some hard hrs in over the weekend. Hunted 5 straight days. This is 3 days worth about 10 hrs of hunting. I did some research on the area I was hunting. At first I thought this was a railroad camp due to the size and the railroad that is very close it it. I think I was wrong. I now believe it to be a trading post.

I read some history about the first settlers to the area. They came from New Jersey most of them. I did find a 1787 New Jersey Copper there. I have maps but have not been able to pinpoint this spot on it yet. This site may be to old for my map. Through reading I realized there was a trading post in this area. It said it was near the mouth of this creek that is near the place. I can't tell where the mouth is but this site is only 100 yards away from the water.

I know the mouth is in the general area so this may be the site. If not it's still out there and I have to find it. I may be onto something in this area. Alot of old dirt wagon roads that run all over these woods. I will be looking into them further and trying to keep finding this old stuff.

It has now gotten slow at the site. Not hunted out but slowed down alot. I cleared a area out in front of a old dwelling. I found a 1832 large cent at 8.5 inches in the front yard. We hit almost every inch of this place that we could get into. There are down tree's and shrubs all over that are probably still hiding a few keepers. This is a large site consisting of about 6 different cellar holes and buildings.

I also found 2 presidential tokens. I did find a 1909 v.d.b Wheaties. I liked the different relics the most. Flat buttons old door knob silver ware and a nice old wagon plate dated 1902.

I will return to the area again. Gonna try and pull up some more research about the people who lived in this area.

Thanks for looking

HH Jer

Attachments

• 1832 Large Cent.jpg
    1832 Large Cent.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 500
  • Early Relic Keepers.jpg
    Early Relic Keepers.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here are the bulk relics everyone.

HH Jer

Attachments

• Alot of Bullets.jpg
    Alot of Bullets.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 481
  • Bulk Relics.jpg
    Bulk Relics.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 493

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Wow :o ?thats like a moths worth of relics for me :-\ ?you found a 1909 vdb? those are key dates in the lincoln series :o

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats JerDfx on your finds ! Looks like your research paid off and you found a great hunt site. Thanks for sharing this history with us. Good Luck and keep us posted on your future finds from this site.

Huntin' 59er

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff! Man thats a lot of digging! LOL HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
JakePhelps said:
Wow :o ?thats like a moths worth of relics for me :-\ ?you found a 1909 vdb? those are key dates in the lincoln series :o

i think you are thinking about the 1909 VDB-S jake. 1909VDB is still agreat find though! way to go!!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone. I appreciate it from you all that you see I work hard at this. I was out for 5 straight days swinging the DD coil and after those 5 days I was starting to get tiered. I was sick also with a bad cold but I have to be dead to sit around in nice weather.

I dug probably 300 holes because I don't include garbage and large iron relics and other things. We do some rough walking to get to some of these spots. It's all worth it. I am going to try and concentrate on area's like this more. These are were the good untouched finds are.

They are tough to find. Not all of them produce like this one either. It's a hit and miss game. But when you hit it it's all worth it.

Thanks for the support from everyone. Even though I don't personally know you all this site helps me in alot of ways. Gives me more of a drive to find stuff and makes me feal good when honest others appreciate it. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one. Not alot of people will take about it in that aspect.

HH Jer

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great stuff Jer,,WTG!!!
I always enjoy your post, they're always full of a large assortment of finds...
Good luck with the new year, & Happy hunting~

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it's nice to find that spot that you walk in and the finds just keep showing up in each hole....than on the other hand , you have to dig 20 holes of iron or who knows what to find that nice Keeper..... it's the drive of finding that huge cache that keeps us researching and digging holes to achieve that ultimate goal.....TREASURE!!!!!!!!!!! GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on Digging.......SEEKER :o :o :o Nice Going!!!!!!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How's your back feeling..nice job,keep up the good work and as alway's HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread