Pics and a question - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    "To Know All Is To Dig All"

Dec 2005
    Pierre, South Dakota
    Minelab Explorer II

Re: Pics and a question

Hello!

Just a few questions here. Is the button a one-piece or two? What size is the button? If two piece, is it hinged, or does the back open from the front? On the back, if you can read it, what company manufactured the button? From the information that I have from my "Record of American Uniform And Historical Buttons" book, it looks like it is a Great Seal Button, two piece, type II. These are from beginning in 1902 and are typically "General Service" type buttons. Some of the Manufactures are H.V. Allien & Co./New York, Dusenbury & Schwab Inc./New York/229 4th Ave., Luxenberg/New York/Made in England, Rosenfield & Rapkin/Boston. Mass, Tiffany & Co. **M**/Makers/Bronze, Morry Luxenberg/London, Warnock Uniform Co/New York,Liberty Mfg. Co. Los Angeles. Cal, & Waterbury Button Co*/Conn.

Good finds though!

HH and good Luck!

T.G.Creations
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1 Explorer XS, 2 Explorer II's, 1 Fisher M-Scope Gold Bug II, 1 New Garret Ace 250, 1 old radio shack detector (MD-3006), 2 bounty hunters, 1 Garrett GTAX, and 1 older Garrett treasure ACE 150. (Saving up for the Minelab GP 3500)

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    134 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Work especially hard around doorways and the small are around them. Check along sidewalks if any, right up along the edges. Check areas between the house and the barn if one existed, any place to park a wagon or tie up a horse, etc. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

debid

One of the buttons is broken (the back missing) the front wrapped around the back. I cannot make out what the back of the other buttons say.

Sep 2005
    Wayne Co., WV
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by tgravatt
    Hello!

Just a few questions here. Is the button a one-piece or two? What size is the button? If two piece, is it hinged, or does the back open from the front? On the back, if you can read it, what company manufactured the button? From the information that I have from my "Record of American Uniform And Historical Buttons" book, it looks like it is a Great Seal Button, two piece, type II. These are from beginning in 1902 and are typically "General Service" type buttons. Some of the Manufactures are H.V. Allien & Co./New York, Dusenbury & Schwab Inc./New York/229 4th Ave., Luxenberg/New York/Made in England, Rosenfield & Rapkin/Boston. Mass, Tiffany & Co. **M**/Makers/Bronze, Morry Luxenberg/London, Warnock Uniform Co/New York,Liberty Mfg. Co. Los Angeles. Cal, & Waterbury Button Co*/Conn.

Good finds though!

HH and good Luck!

T.G.Creations
    I have an eagle button too that was made by "Rex Products, New Rochelle, NY"

T.G. - is there any way to date these particular buttons? Thx

HH
    Matt

Jun 2005
    2 times

I live in an old farm house with twenty five acres and all I am able to find is old beer cans and pull tabs and other trash items. happy hunting. 8)

us

Dec 2005
    Pierre, South Dakota
    Minelab Explorer II

[quote=nevrdundetecting ]
    Quote Originally Posted by tgravatt
    Hello!

Good finds though!

HH and good Luck!

T.G.Creations
    I have an eagle button too that was made by "Rex Products, New Rochelle, NY"

T.G. - is there any way to date these particular buttons?? Thx

HH
    Hello!

I hate to tell you this, but "Eagle" buttons have been made from 1787 to present date. Do you have a pic? From my book, I didn't find that manufacturer at all, so it is likely to be after the early 1900's

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

HH and good luck!

T.G.Creations
    1 Explorer XS, 2 Explorer II's, 1 Fisher M-Scope Gold Bug II, 1 New Garret Ace 250, 1 old radio shack detector (MD-3006), 2 bounty hunters, 1 Garrett GTAX, and 1 older Garrett treasure ACE 150. (Saving up for the Minelab GP 3500)

us
    Jul 2004
    Indy
    Cz3d
    15 times

Very nice finds,,WTG!!!
    I think I just saw one of those little guys on the Antiques Road Show a while back. He was on an old cast iron, antique car,(1919 get out and push type,, ) but they were probably used on several other vehicles as well...
    Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Sep 2005
    Wayne Co., WV
    1 times

I do have a pic but, like you said, I don't think that this particular button is very old, I still like it tho.....it is a really nice looking button

here's the pic....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11_21_05_finds_1 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	77200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11_21_05_finds_2 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	77201  
    Matt

us

Dec 2005
    Pierre, South Dakota
    Minelab Explorer II

[quote=nevrdundetecting ]
    I do have a pic but, like you said, I don't think that this particular button is very old, I still like it tho.....it is a really nice looking button

here's the pic....

Hello!

From the looks of the button, I would say that you have a Great Seal Button, original date beginning 1902. Since there are many variations and manufacturer's of this type of button (at least 6 or 7 manufacturer's), it is most likely of this type. It is closest to #GI 102 in my book.

Hope that this helps.

HH and good luck!

T.G.Creations.

Apr 2005
    colorado
    4 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

You just have a lot of work ahead of you, those kind of sites are always full of trash. But all of that trash is interesting, and some is valueable. Once you think you have an area cleaned up, crank up the power on your md and go over it again. Search the drive or path to where the mailbox was or is. and around the mail box. There are coins on that property, and you will find them.
    Specialized Tracking, Searches, Research, Huge Treasure library.
    CZ-20  Arc-geo logger  Garret's  Tessoro's  magnetometer  Spectral Analysis
    Bloodhound tracking  Helicopter services Photography etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links