Wm Rogers tray

Ybarra

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Went to a flea market today and got a tray for a couple bucks thinking that it might be silver but can't really find an exact answer anywhere and looking for a little help. This tray has a mark on the back and it has a symbol of an eagle the words Wm ROGERS and a star symbol. Directly below this is says 926. Yes i typed it correctly it says 926 NOT 925. I tried to find out if this is plated or solid or even silver at all. There isn't a big design on it or anything but just a smooth silver round tray. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I can say with absolute certainty that your Wm Rogers tray is plated. 926 is most likely the pattern number. If it were sterling it would certainly be marked as such. Still don't underestimate the value of what you have. Silver serving trays are in demand and will being $20 -60 depending on quality and condition.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
txpathfinder said:
I can say with absolute certainty that your Wm Rogers tray is plated. 926 is most likely the pattern number. If it were sterling it would certainly be marked as such. Still don't underestimate the value of what you have. Silver serving trays are in demand and will being $20 -60 depending on quality and condition.
I was just ready to post that it is more then likely plated ..every peice of Wm Rodgers I ever came upon was plated....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread