Have detector....will travel..

craigv3

Jan 2, 2010
GRASS LAKE
Detector(s) used
Deus,Makro CF77, Minelab Etrac, Teknetics T2SE, 2 excel II's, and a Tigershark
I am TIRED of this snow this year.....just got another 12 " the other day...I was wondering if there was anyone out there with some decent grounds in Virginia, or other States that would produce Civil War relics....or just old coins... I would like to hop in the truck and take a weekend trip and get this urge out of my system. My fiance' and I have talked about it and would love to get out and swing the coils. If you have any area's in mind, please let me know. I will repay the favor this spring when the snow melts and offer up my places here in Michigan. I am working on ALOT of decent homesites that no longer exist...PM me please.... :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

"Z"

Upvote 0

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Sorry, 45 inches here last week. I feel your pain. I have tried some shallow creek detecting. It is cold, and I haven't found any great stuff yet but it scratches the itch. Good luck.

Fathead

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
Yeah I have to sweep the porch every two seconds here in West Virginia. 3" tonight on top of the already 5". Which equals 8" kill me now! My birthday is tomarrow. :hello2: Too bad I'm going to be home alone all day! :'(

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
That's a great idea. I've been thinking the same thing but it looks like you'd have to head west the way the weather's been.
Good Luck on your journey!
Mike

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hop on over to the UK :icon_thumright: No snow here (at the moment)

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think half the country is under snow now but soon Spring !! 30 days from how but that still does not mean its not cold at least here in NY . the Gulf Coast ,Florida and Southern Cali. its warm .

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
done dug it all up said:
Go dig in the snow. I've been digging in the snow. :)
I spent 2 years in South East Asia the coldest it ever got was 70* i loved it, i just hate the cold i dont why i live in NY :icon_scratch: Green house warming where ?

yournewneighbor

Feb 1, 2010
ventura
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
well theres always the southern california coastline, but i think thats more than a weekend truck drive away. And i seriously doubt theres gonna be a whole of civil war relics on the left coast. :spam4:

OP
OP
C

craigv3

Jan 2, 2010
GRASS LAKE
Detector(s) used
I appreciate the feedback!! I dont mind digging in the snow at all....I've been out alot this winter because I simply just cant wait for spring. The snow is Ok....it keeps my shovel and lesche nice and clean, its the frost that makes it hard. Here in Michgan we have over 5" of frost even in the woods...diggin is basically like breaking through concrete in the local super market parking lot....once you get thru the frost it isnt bad....but you can definately break a sweat in 18 degree weather just getting thru it...Thats alot of work for a clad penny :help:

chrisanddiane

Dec 7, 2009
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Whites V3 Whites XLT & Garrett Ace250 W/ 2 ProPointers
here's a neat pic (hope this works...)

Attachments

• scover.gif
    scover.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 526

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought i was ate up with it. I am sick of snow to.

This has been one sheity winter here in Kentucky. Good Luck.

chrisanddiane

Dec 7, 2009
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Whites V3 Whites XLT & Garrett Ace250 W/ 2 ProPointers
On the plus side of things, I noticed the snow acts as a great insulator, if the ground wasn't froze before the snow, then it's probably still not froze. The only real problem is getting the coil close enough to the ground. Even my V3 doen't work to well with the coil 10" up! If this snow melts down to a few inches then it's game on.
As far as the guy from MI, you got a drive ahead if you want to go snow-free.... This week-end in WV it's supposed to be flirting with the 40's.... so maybe it's finally going to break. We will go from a shimmering sea of white to a big steaming pile of........................................ mud. My helpers are itching to get out...
Zoey, the Harlequin dane
Izzy, the Mantle Dane
and Rock my buddies mentally impaired 7/8 wolf (OK, he's just dumb)
They're just itching to get out with me in the woods...

GaB

Attachments

• The Girls and the Wolf.JPG
    The Girls and the Wolf.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 518

bigealive

May 20, 2008
Good Thunder, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 - Pro Pointer
Shoot it may be end of April - beginning of May before we see grass in Minn.. Last time I heard we have 5 1/2 feet of snow standing and that is compacted. Worst winner in my 34 years. Going to Ohio in March hopefully there is plenty of frost free ground there. Really getting the ITCH...

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think im luck with the ocean 10 minutes away . only hope for targets now on the beach . .......

leakypipes

Oct 7, 2007
We haven't had much snow here in my part of New York. Trouble is that with no snow the frost went down an unbelievable amount. For a change most of the snow storms edged out just above New York City and I live about 100 miles north.

OP
OP
C

craigv3

Jan 2, 2010
GRASS LAKE
Detector(s) used
Welp....sounds like we all have the same urge, and the same problems...SNOW, ICE and FROST!! Please get here soon spring!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread