Mysterious finds include Yassir Arafat in a soccer field!

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Hmmm,

Mysterious forces are at work in two of my recent finds. One is a metal image of Yassir Arafat, found in a soccer field at an elementary school. Was he placed there by superstitious Palestinian soccer players, hoping for good luck? Who else would have a Yassir Arafat image? Very strange...

The other one is also weird. In my parents' back yard, so far I have found 40 Lincoln cents. The most recent date is 1986. The oldest is 1972. My parents have owned the suburban home since 1965, and no one in the family has any memory or explanation as to how so many pennies ended up in the back yard. They are all relatively close to one another, spread over maybe 9 square feet, but they are showing up in little groups of from 1 to 3 coins, and one group of 7. My kids were born in 1981 and 1983, so maybe they had something to do with it, but neither one of them remember ever tossing pennies into the yard, so I guess both the pennies, and Yassir Arafat, will remain mysteries, which is all part of the fun of this great hobby!

Mike

Upvote 0

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first day I got my detector I took it out in the yard and to my surprise I started digging coins right from the start. I dug coins on both sides of my driveway for over 3 hours and I still haven't gotten them all. While I was telling my wife about all the clad coins in our yard and trying to find out how they got to where they are. My daughter said they must be from the game they play in the mornings while they wait for my wife to get out to the car to drive them to school. They get coins out of the car ashtray and toss them up in the air and try and guess heads or tails. I guess they are hard to find when they land in the grass.

Kermit

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found an area like that once. There were so many coins there, because they had a picnic with a big pile of sawdust........with coins hidden in it for the kids to find. Have fun! :)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Mike,

??? Yassir Arafat ???
tooooooooo weird :-\

Kermit,,,gotta love those kid games ;D
they still playing? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread