Went to Crystal Beach with grandkids.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ean found this Conch shell by accident. He was digging in the sand in the edge of the water, and dug this one up. Needless to say he was thrilled. He ask if I was going to post it on T-Net for him. My answer was, Sure I Will, and here it is. Hope you enjoy.

I couldn't resist, I had to do a little detecting, but my luck was one dime, and two pennys. One was a 1944 Wheatie. Could barely make out the date.

Attachments

• Conch 1.jpg
    Conch 1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 837
  • Conch 2.jpg
    Conch 2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 833
  • Conch 3.jpg
    Conch 3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 838
  • Conch 4.jpg
    Conch 4.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 827
  • Conch 5.jpg
    Conch 5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 833
  • Conch 6.jpg
    Conch 6.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 853
Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell Ean, WTG from Chug!!!!!

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell Ean JuJu and Mrs. JuJu would be proud of that find any day.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys, he's reading all the reply's.

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
plehbah said:
I could see how that would be a thrilling discovery for a "properly adjusted" kid. The house I spent my earliest years in had cow bones all over the front yard that I brought home from looking for rocks and snakes and arrowheads.

Those cow bones like that conch shell are very sculptural and textural. The kid has a good eye for the art of nature.

This post sounded so much better without that last quote in it. This is a 9 yr. old child you're talking about. He was just sitting in the sand, and enjoying himself. I think someone else needs a psychaitric Test....

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
you tell him that we are seeing his great find down here in new zealand..and also tell him to look after grand dad, ok

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shell, Looks like he will be a natural treasure hunter thanks to Grandpa !!

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for nothing Plehbah. No one was trying to tick someone off, but you're getting close. This is my Grandson you're talking about.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice that ya found a whole one, but it sure looks like a welk to me...

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
Old River said:
Ean found this Conch shell by accident. He was digging in the sand in the edge of the water, and dug this one up. Needless to say he was thrilled. He ask if I was going to post it on T-Net for him. My answer was, Sure I Will, and here it is. Hope you enjoy.

I couldn't resist, I had to do a little detecting, but my luck was one dime, and two pennys. One was a 1944 Wheatie. Could barely make out the date.
The shell looks like its made of metal :headbang: :dontknow:

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Nice complete one, good job. Any time you guys want to hook up for a beach hunt PM me. Maybe we could check out the old acadia site on follets island, plenty of shells there also.

jackie blue

Dec 4, 2003
NC
Please tell Ean how much I love the color and design of the shell. I would be very pleased if I found one even half that pretty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions