Update on 1787 Connecticut Copper ***VERY RARE VARIETY WITH 13-20 KNOWN*** - Page 12
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    DMN
    us
    Apr 2009
    69 times

Re: Update on 1787 Connecticut Copper ***VERY RARE VARIETY WITH 13-20 KNOWN***

Quote Originally Posted by KylePA
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckleBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk PA
    Banner Bump! 13-20 known. I guess it isn't rare enough.

Kirk
    Why don't you just come out and SAY in a reply that you're JEALOUS that Don made the banner again. I didn't nominate this one that you dug, because I had some conversations with knowledgeable people about this coin, and it is overblown and too built up as rarer than it actually is.

I did, however, nominate Don's "scruffy" Draped.

The Finds Banner is not the only thing in life.

Have a Nice Day.

-Buck
    You should be worrying about where you are going to hunt in developed LA.

Who cares about the banner, right? I DON'T!!! Zeus and I have had conversations about the banner, and we both agreed that, when we dig rare relics, we hope they don't make it.
    Terrific coin, no matter what.

The way I look at it, every time I post something here it's a banner find...for me! Not everyone here is tuned to every significant or extraordinary find. Some or the Europeans and Brits make some exceptional finds but they are marginalized because not every one thinks a Saxon piece (or something like that) is anything great. The converse is a lot true in reverse when someone here finds a dirty old pipe that just happens to be a significant relic from a tribe in the Americas. It's tough to have a point of reference for everything posted here.

The most important thing for any one posting anything here is that they found something and recovered it for the rest of us to appreciate it in our own way. I'll never snub any one posting anything here, be it the most important find ever or the most trivial because we all like to think our finds are the best, because we found them!

There's a massive amount of knowledge here and I try to drink it all in, despite the fact I may never hit the banner. It's the knowledge that's the best part of finding the stuff!

Keep on hunting. Remember, if you post it, it's a banner find!

us
    Aug 2009
    ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
    18 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I am voting banner, even with the nice scratches from rubbing.
    There is no silver left around here...

May 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Garrett AT Gold
    262 times
    Relic Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by AGCoinHunter
    No harm was done to the copper by rubbing it. We have dug close to 200 coppers in 3 years and have experience with this stuff. Now silver is a different story.

Kirk

Keep the passion high!

us
    Aug 2009
    ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
    18 times

No harm was done to the copper by rubbing it. We have dug close to 200 coppers in 3 years and have experience with this stuff. Now silver is a different story.

Kirk

Sorry cant agree with you on that, but still a nice coin. If you are taking this angle because its already pitted and corroded and whats a few more scratches, I understand. But trust me, those scratches do make a huge difference if and when you decide to sell.
    There is no silver left around here...

Charter Member
    CANE FIELD BANDITS and IRON BRIGADE MEMBER

Jun 2006
    Moonlight and Magnolias
    Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver ÁMax
    6315 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Kirk

Sorry cant agree with you on that, but still a nice coin. If you are taking this angle because its already pitted and corroded and whats a few more scratches, I understand. But trust me, those scratches do make a huge difference if and when you decide to sell.
    If you look at those scratches, they are OLD scratches from 200 years ago. There is patina IN the scratches.
    2019 CaneField Bandits Totals:
    Solid Gold Monogrammed Thimble, c. 1840-50
    Civil War ID Disc
    14K Gold ink pen nib
    1826 2 Reales
    Louisiana Pelican Civil War Button
    Eagle Cuff Button
    Eagle "I" Coat Button
    Colonial silver shoe buckle piece
    Boxlock Pistol hammer plate
    1865 2 Cent Piece
    1870 Three Cent Nickel
    1846 and one dateless Large Cent
    1788, 1819 and one dateless Half Reale
    1848-O and 1854 Half Dimes
    1842-O, 1858, 1876-S 1876-CC and 1888 Seated Dimes
    1898 Hong Kong Dime Silver Coin (Queen Victoria)
    1905-O Barber Dime
    1942 and 1944-D Washington Quarters
    2 Silver "War Nickels"
    Silver "Indian Head" badge
    Maynard Carbine casings (Civil War)
    Louisiana Knights Templar Badge
    Shield Nickels
    V Nackles, Beefalo knuckles and Gaw Gag

OUR 2018 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...nths-late.html
    OUR 2017 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ts-photos.html
    OUR 2016 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post5286759
    OUR 2015 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...what-year.html
    OUR 2014 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...lots-pics.html
    OUR 2013 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-end-post.html
    OUR 2012 YEAR END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post3120940

Any relics, coins, or other items appearing in my signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

Kirk

You wouldn't want to watch me clean some of mine... because once they soak for a while in hydrogen peroxide I often rub them using the corrosion that is coming off as a grit to help better clean.

If I dug an early copper that for some reason came out looking like a high grade non dug, I would not rub it, but I have never one of those. There is no ill effect by rubbing the loose dirt off because dug coppers have far more issues. If and how to clean is much more important.

REV WAR HUNTER

Oct 2009
    Digging Relics
    Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
    1624 times
    Banner Finds (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

Kirk

You wouldn't want to watch me clean some of mine... because once they soak for a while in hydrogen peroxide I often rub them using the corrosion that is coming off as a grit to help better clean.

If I dug an early copper that for some reason came out looking like a high grade non dug, I would not rub it, but I have never one of those. There is no ill effect by rubbing the loose dirt off because dug coppers have far more issues. If and how to clean is much more important.
    I agree with IP ....actually seen a coin bring in more money because of the good job cleaning it... every coin/situation is different
    My philosophy is: It's none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

Kirk

I agree with IP ....actually seen a coin bring in more money because of the good job cleaning it... every coin/situation is different

You actually seen, cuz I actually done.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links