Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KKC got back out to the Colonial site we hit last week. I had another awesome day. All of my coppers were in the 1.5"-5" range and gave off decent signals. I dug a King George II, 1830 Coronet cent, and an 1804 Draped Bust half cent. :icon_thumleft: The coppers were popping up everywhere. So far, this site has produced 14 coppers. In other words, we are hunting where the "Beer flows like wine." :wink: :laughing7: Pennsylvania is the place to be!

I also got 5 buttons, part of a Colonial shoe buckle frame, and a handful of musketballs. The button to copper ratio is still whacked (40 buttons:14 coppers). :icon_scratch: We are taking this weekend off due to the holiday, but we will be back next week. 2010 is off to a great start.

Watch my videos to see the recoveries. :icon_thumleft: Thanks for viewing!

Keep the passion high! :hello2:

Kirk

Attachments

• 1st pic.JPG
    1st pic.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 747
  • 2nd pic.JPG
    2nd pic.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 749
  • 3rd.JPG
    3rd.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 736
  • 4th.JPG
    4th.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 744
  • 5th.JPG
    5th.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 747
  • 6th.JPG
    6th.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 749
  • 7th.JPG
    7th.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 737
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Very nice job...You gotta love that kinda digging. Awesome stuff, congrats. jgas

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Once again Kirk had a killer day. Another frustrating day for me but you can't win em all. All those years of finding most of the coins for the group finally catching up to me. Time to pass the lucky baton to the youth.Maybe i'll catch up to you by the end of the year, or maybe i'm the King of England. :tongue3: :laughing7: Great day Kirk.
Chris

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those coppers! I think your coin to button ratio isn't too far off, it's just a good coin site.

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
the beer flows like wine indeed. another great hunt!
perhaps it should be the wine flows like beer...

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Once again Kirk had a killer day. Another frustrating day for me but you can't win em all. All those years of finding most of the coins for the group finally catching up to me. Time to pass the lucky baton to the youth.Maybe i'll catch up to you by the end of the year, or maybe i'm the King of England. :tongue3: :laughing7: Great day Kirk.
Chris

It is good to hear from you, Zeus. Your turn is coming! I can bet the farm that you will be flipping them out at a good pace very soon. Kyle and I don't research for nothing and you don't get the permission for nothing. There is always something and that something(s) are COPPERS! KKC is hitting 100+ this year. :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

We must next week!

Kirk

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
You are on a roll big guy! I love watching these videos, and you guys haven't cussed once. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Congrats on another fantastic hunt. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Kirk,
You are on a roll big guy! I love watching these videos, and you guys haven't cussed once. :tongue3: :laughing9:
-Doug-

Thanks, Dugster, I did not even get close to cussing. The passion took over at that time. :laughing7: It sure is fun getting these coppers on film.

Take care, my friend!

Kirk

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
ModernMiner said:
Kirk,
-Doug-

Thanks, Dugster, I did not even get close to cussing. The passion took over at that time. :laughing7: It sure is fun getting these coppers on film.

Take care, my friend!

Kirk

You guys could start your own detecting show. Maybe call it "The Copper tones". :icon_sunny: :laughing7:
Looking forward to seeing the next vids. :icon_thumleft:
Great job Kirk.
-Doug-

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some great results there...hope to be digging here soon

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper Man kirk, You my friend have the copper seeking coil :D As I told your brother keep those chins high cause you guy's are showing how it's done.You all deserve the COPPER GRAMMY Award! :laughing9: :laughing7: :D Good Luck On your knew spots. :thumbsup:
KKC.NET :laughing7:
Take Care,
Pete :hello:

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
timekiller said:
Copper Man kirk, You my friend have the copper seeking coil :D As I told your brother keep those chins high cause you guy's are showing how it's done.You all deserve the COPPER GRAMMY Award! :laughing9: :laughing7: :D Good Luck On your knew spots. :thumbsup:
KKC.NET :laughing7:
Take Care,
Pete :hello:

Thanks, Pete, you have always been a good friend of mine on here and I appreciate it. I have been putting the pottery sherds in plant pots around the house. I got the idea from you after I saw you doing it on one of your posts. My fiance thinks it makes the plants prettier. :laughing7: Ain't nothing wrong with Colonial artifacts strewn all around my dwelling. :laughing9: Gotta love it!

Take care, buddy!

Kirk

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
That 1/2 cent is a beauty and on my wish list! What a great hunt I love the coppers. You guys are the king of coppers :hello2:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That place is loaded! Seems to be plenty of copper to go around!

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sniffy said:
That place is loaded! Seems to be plenty of copper to go around!

After the site is cleaned out, we are guessing around 30 coppers will be dug. :icon_thumleft: It seems almost certain, but we have to work for them. Dang iron! :laughing7:

Kirk

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Man, whatta site! You guys are cleaning up on the old copper. The most coppers I have found at one site is 3 and that only happened once. All other times it's been one at a time. I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow or the next day though and give you a run for your money!

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
incajoe said:
Man, whatta site! You guys are cleaning up on the old copper. The most coppers I have found at one site is 3 and that only happened once. All other times it's been one at a time. I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow or the next day though and give you a run for your money!

It seems that most of our typical dwellings produce around 5-8 coppers. Our best site produced 28 coppers last year. We had another field that gave up 20 or so and another that coughed up 10. Keep looking hard! You are on the right sites.

Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread