Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Couple find's ..."new cellar"....

Found this plece pretty close to the old "back burner" site,Thought it was an old barn when I walked up on it but it's an old house.Apparently a tree was struck by lightning and fell collapsing the house.Circled the place and found that the cellar was still accessible through an opening.The place is littered with bottle's and who know's what else.The door leading up to the first floor is partially blocked,Pretty hairy since you got a whole house collapsed above you.It was 16 with the wind chill so it was nice down there.Here's a couple pic's and maybe someone can help me date these piece's.Gonna try and hit this place when I have more time.Thank's and HH!!

Upvote 0

jmginmd

Nov 10, 2004
Re: Couple find's ..."new cellar"....

Awesome huntin grounds civilman! I am moving to Harpers Ferry in August (when my house is done) and I can't wait to start hunting there. If you want a hunting buddy let me know, I am only 35 miles from there now. Good luck!

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",

I'm sure it's still pretty cold in your area and probally don't have to worry about snakes right now. I have heard that moth balls would deter snakes in the warmer weather, Has anyone else heard this?? HH Art...

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Yeah, South, I've heard that about the mothballs. I have a renter who is deathly afraid of snakes and he did that. Haven't seen any snakes lately. :D Have also said you can put a rope down (large type) and a snake won't cross that. Some fella I heard of around here someplace put one across his garage door opening to keep the snakes out. Don't know how much truth there is to either of those.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

Southcacalaky said:
I'm sure it's still pretty cold in your area and probally don't have to worry about snakes right now. I have heard that moth balls would deter snakes in the warmer weather, Has anyone else heard this?? HH Art...
Art, When I Put My Detector In The Closet For The Summer, The Moth Balls Really Do Keep The Snakes Out. Very Interesting Site. trk5capt...

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

C, damn cats!! Be sure to hit the rest of the site hard!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice site and good luck! HH, Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I Know that mothballs will keep skunks away......I always use wood ashes for the snakes.....if you scatter wood ashes on the ground , a snake wont cross them....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread