Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...my finds weren't as great. :-\ Today I started out at a new barn. Nothing..nodda...not even one little keeper. So I went across the street to a site that once had a sharecropper house on it. Same thing....nothing..nodda...not even one little keeper. :-\ I went next door to a house that was rebuilt in the 50's and finally got something to put in my pocket! Has anyone ever tried to dig under a magnolia tree? :P Roots! Tiny little roots everywhere! I was so exhausted by the time I finally found a spot with coins that if the target was more than two or three inches....I left it! Not anything exciting... but something! ::) I did find a thingy that has some writing on it. Looks like it says Tip Cleaners? And then Birmingham Alabama. Don't know what that's for. Got to remember to go back to that last site! ;)

Nana

Attachments

• 030801.JPG
    030801.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 333
  • 030802.JPG
    030802.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 341
  • 030803.JPG
    030803.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh...thanks ya'll! But....not everything here is as picturesque! Just the part I choose to look at! ;D Kinda like having a selective memory...which my hubby says I am guilty of.... :D

Thanks for the ID! I haven't been able to open it up yet but I can see little brushes in there after getting a bit of dirt out.

RR I haven't gone back to the big barn yet to find the other piece of the bow...but I will soon. I hope it's still where I think it is. I found it next to the lake but after these storms that just went through..I'll be lucky if it hasn't been washed into the lake! :-\

Jake...The back of the spoon says Winfield Silverplate...I tried to look it up and it seems to be the Edwardian period design...circa 1910.

Vickie...you know I have to find bullets! It's my specialty! :D Hope that leg gets well soon!!!

Thanks for the replies...you're the best~

Nana ;)

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
It seems to me that there is a clothesline between the two structures,
be sure to search under them, there might be some nice goodies under them...lou
Good luck

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice finds Nana .Looks like you had a beautiful day to be out .The Victorian era spoon dates the site pretty well , so there's bound to be a lot more good finds to be made.I don't know what you use for a digging tool ,but a serrated edged trowel Gator digger or a Lesch digger would help a lot to cut through those tree roots and get at those deeper signals. Wish you the best of luck on your return to that site. HH!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana Dear just remember when you don't find anything you should feel good. It means your leaving a little for us. ::) ::) ::) ::) Burdie

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post and pics, looks like a pile of fun finds there! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread