Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    86 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

1 Leopold I deserves a buddy Fedri II 1625 to 1632 silvers

Since Saturday i have been hunting fields and heavy wooded areas and it payed off this time the old north-fork is getting older my sister got me a book published in 1975 called Pagans Puritans Patriots about this home town i live in the oldest English town in NY it is fantastic gave me lots of ideas where to hunt Founded in 1640 ? ill debate that , first i hunted a just plowed field didn't really produce much a few really toasted LC,s early 1800,s and some cool artifacts so i hit the woods next to it along the bay front that was a lot better there is a stone foundation still there once a home, i got some good silver signals 1 1626 King Leopold and 1 Ferdinand II 1625 to 1632 undated both coins where within 6 feet of each other not deep either about 6 inches amazing the ground was full of oyster shells and scallop shells they turned to chalk when i touched them and fell apart another far out find was a 1961 Danish 1 Krone i got a nice very small silver ring a cool double heart pendent 3 flatty buttons no marks a d buckle some lead shots lots of old glass bits one is milk glass i took a few to many pics sorry
    enjoy Dd60
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dutch English Colonial Rev.War Civil War field.jpg 
Views:	2953 
Size:	292.2 KB 
ID:	417623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0940.jpg 
Views:	2954 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	417624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0944.jpg 
Views:	2930 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	417625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1961 1 krone.jpg 
Views:	2904 
Size:	255.7 KB 
ID:	417626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0937.jpg 
Views:	2915 
Size:	266.5 KB 
ID:	417627  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coins 1.jpg 
Views:	2908 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	417628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woods finds.jpg 
Views:	2874 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	417629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver coins.jpg 
Views:	2852 
Size:	223.0 KB 
ID:	417630  
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

us
    Hunt, kneel, dig, pray

Oct 2007
    Dayton, Oh
    Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
    7 times

Re: 1 Leopold I deserves a buddy Fedri II 1625 to 1632 silvers

Fantasic finds!!! YOU are in a great area. A coin from the 1600's is amazing. Your heart must still be pounding.

Do you realize a Puritan may have dropped it!

I VOTED BANNER!

SKD

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    86 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by SoreKneesDayton
    Fantasic finds!!! YOU are in a great area. A coin from the 1600's is amazing. Your heart must still be pounding.

Do you realize a Puritan may have dropped it!

SKD
    Yes makes you wonder who was just out here then this place has a real mix in time Dd60
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

Those are a couple of fine looking 3 kreuzers you have there! Can't imagine what else must be the the ground around your area.

us
    Sep 2008
    KANSAS CITY METRO
    GARRETT AND TESORO
    197 times

Recovering history, one little bit at a time. Great finds. Would love to see a close up of the heart pendant too.

Gotta vote banner on this one for so many reasons. You have just started to uncover what this site has to offer!

Bob

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    29 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Wow those are two great coins. Never seen them before til now. I'd keep hitting that spot. Up here they used those old shells as fertilizer, so maybe a garden area? Anyway nice finds deepdigger, and I'll second the Kirk banner vote.

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    86 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk PA
    Woooohoooooooo! This is the most amazing Colonial discovery I have seen on here in awhile. Those coins were lost by a frontier settler on the North Fork. They are in amazing condition as well. I am guessing they were lost around 1640.

You have become one heck of a Colonial hunter, Deepdiger! I can't wait to see what else you dig in those heavily canopied woods. Amazing!

I don't do this often, but this one deserves it. I am voting BANNER!

Kirk
    Someone had to drop them but when ? that is the question out here some of my finds don't make sense surprise the hell out of me to ,you just never know but that book did help narrow down a few very old home sites that are long lost now Thanks for the vote Dd60

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    86 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RJGMC
    Recovering history, one little bit at a time. Great finds. Would love to see a close up of the heart pendant too.

Gotta vote banner on this one for so many reasons. You have just started to uncover what this site has to offer!

Bob
    I think the heart pendent was once gold plated not sure if it was on silver the obverse is the same as the reverse i do have a pic ill post Dd60
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold heart.jpg 
Views:	2769 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	35190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold heart.jpg 
Views:	2761 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	417636  

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    86 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk PA
    Could you post the early large cents?

Kirk
    It is now peek tourist season out here and i have to feed them i work years at the only local food market and believe me it gets busy ill try tomorrow my day only off TG

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    86 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch
    Those are a couple of fine looking 3 kreuzers you have there! Can't imagine what else must be the the ground around your area.
    The one coin with a date 1626 has a upside down V on the bottom under the bust i still cant find that one i think its the mint mark the other undated i found 1625 to 1632 updated

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdiger60
    The one coin with a date 1626 has a upside down V on the bottom under the bust i still cant find that one i think its the mint mark the other undated i found 1625 to 1632 updated

The "upside down V" is called an inverted chevron and the mint is ...Saint Polten Mint. Years for that mint are 1624,25 & 26.

Mar 2008
    upstate ny
    se pro
    12 times
    dirty pennies
    Banner Finds (1)

holy cow, DD! they're not those rijksdaalders you've been looking for, but they're gorgeous,
    and deserve a spot on the BANNER for sure!

dwayne
    dirty pennies...

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdiger60
    other undated i found 1625 to 1632 updated

I think you're right, and believe it's from the Hall mint.

us
    May 2010
    newport vermont
    whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
    9 times

very nice finds
    vermont hillbilly

TreasurdiggrNY

Wow what a hunt Congrats on the old silver finds DD60, as stated above they're in great shape tooName:  goodjob.gif
Views: 2787
Size:  3.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links