Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....the steady drumming of the rain on the window pane was indeed a nice way to awaken from a deep sleep. First day off and it was raining hake and herring big time me son.

Undaunted I arose and did the dew domestically least I be keel hauled by the boss who runs a tight ship.

Grabbing attire, my Freedom 3 Plus, Glad garbage bag for same, packing the aquatic gear, camera I headed to Tim's for my java fix and then pointed Otto to a local park in the rain. Had to share it however with a multitude of ducks, crows, Canada Geese (dirty sods youz) and a few meandering dogs!
PC060002.jpg

With my Tim's in one hand, swinging the Garrett in the other and the heavens opening up at full tilt I was in digging utopia big time. Coffee did get cold quick youz! Found a few dinkies and a halibut of a lot of "green geese grease" which stuck like crazy glue to my crocs. Had enough of this so I went aquatic after returning to Otto to get the Seahunter mk11 and was about to take my shirt off..........wait me son I was soaked so I'ze left it on and went deep and took more water. Craters abounded under water but only till knee deep and then a few targets sounded off. About 20 minutes later that was enough and I called it a day. Mind you I enjoyed the free shower that was afforded by Mother Nature to Otto and I but Otto ended up with more water and mud inside then was out. Boss is going to put me on KP for a month.

Anyway take for the day was 2 dinkies, an earing for an elephant, key and 37 coins @ $1.35
PC060007.jpg

At work the night before a fellow on my shift got me to look at a few coins and stamps which I did rewarding me with a gambling token...that I'll never use.
PC060002-1.jpg

PC060003-1.jpg

Heard that a few folks think I'm a tad crazy for going out in such weather ...I call it climatizing for my next UK trip. For those talking being my back you are in a great postion to kiss my a$$.

Heard that phrase from my brother-in-law Ken. Have gud digs youz!

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Heard that a few folks think I'm a tad crazy for going out in such weather ...I call it climatizing for my next UK trip. For those talking being my back you are in a great postion to kiss my a$$."

Lol, that's a good one...

You must be tough as shoe leather to be able to stand what you get hit with up there. I was out detecting two winters ago on a pretty steep and muddy slope along the lake and a gust of wind slid me right out in the water, lol... The mud was about ankle deep but the water at the edge was knee deep. I had snot dripping off my nose and my face felt like it had been sand blasted, lol. I must be a tad crazy right along with you. I enjoy every post you make. You just hang in there and fight mother nature with every breath you have.

DANGLANGLEY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions