Found my first Gold ring today10K w/3 diamonds,also need help on military button

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a new schoolyard in Southern NH.I wasn't there for maybe 20 minutes when I unearthed a 10 K gold with 3 small diamonds.This really made my day since I left the Fisher at home yesterday when we went to the beach.Today I also managed a 1944P war nickel too.I pulled out a Pokemon Pikachu token coin.I also managed $1.68 in clad.
I did a hunt 7-13-10 found a very interesting button(wish I had a working camera right now).It is a smaller diameter than a dime but it has an American eagle holding an anchor,also the background behind it is reeded and has 13 stars circling eagle,button appears to be copper or bronze(not certain)it had a slight patina on it.I could use any help from some of the many button experts on treasurenet.com identifying it,as I suspect this is my oldest button to date

Upvote 0
OP
OP
saltyshark2002

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's practically identical,any idea what it is worth,Ive never found anything like this in New Hampshire before.It was found across the street from Massabesic Lake near the Auburn and Manchester town lines.

OP
OP
saltyshark2002

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked at mine again,I noticed that the crossbar is angled,does this mean anything.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found my first Gold ring today10K w/3 diamonds,also need help on military bu

saltyshark2002 said:
I looked at mine again,I noticed that the crossbar is angled,does this mean anything.

Wouldn't be much value, even if it was a Navy, but a blazer button wouldn't really be worth anything. The angle doesn't mean much because there are varieties of each. You really have to post a picture to learn more, and compare to the Navy if you can find some pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread