Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been going round and round with my scanner for the last week or so trying to get some pictures up >:(. So far it has bet me. I have emailed to co. that makes it for some troubleshooting help. Maybe I can get it going again If not I will just buy a new one soon. Any way I have had some hunting time in the last week or so. So far I have dug 13 minnie balls,2 French buttons that have been destroyed with plows and fertilizer,two broaches(no gold) ,14 coins oldest being an 1846 (small French coin in rough shape),an 1856 1 krultzer, 1876 half mark(silver) :) only 5th silver coin that I have found here,four 1920 something 50 phennings(Common) , 3 1941 ten phennings (with swastikas) two were in the same hole,one 1940 50 phenning with (Swastika) .I found a Romanian medal from the second Balkan war in 1913. I thought it was German at first then maybe French .I did not know why it would have 1913 on it because the war started in 1914. I found one on the net and it answered all my questions.It is in pretty good shape. I also found a really old axe head,two horse shoes several common lead goods seals and what I have been told is an old tool used for navigation. It has a small hole and place where I was told a small wheel went.It seems pretty old but maybe some one can help with a better ID of it after I get some pics up.It also has some designs on it. I hope to have at least a couple more hours of hunting this week if all goes well. I hope all is well with everyone happy hunting! :)

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You tell the story of some very interesting finds, hope to see them soon. The old axe head wouldn't happen to be around 3000 years old would it, LOL? You are in the area for it! Have you tried de-installing the scanner software and re-installing it? That sometimes works. HH and nice finds Bman, Mike

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sound's like some Great find's birdman,can't wait to see the pic's...You're going to need your OWN mac flight with all that stuff to get back to the state's...Congrat's and HH!!

R

rvbvetter

Sounds like some great finds!! As much as you've found, I don't know how your going to get all your finds home when you come back to the states. I don't know how the rest of the forum would feel about doing it. But I would be glad to pay the freight, so you can bring them home with you. Let me know.
Glad to hear you got out. HH

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of relics! Tsgman

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We deinstalled the software and reinstalled it but no help. ??? The tech rep at HP gave a couple of things to try so I hope to have some luck soon. :)

M

mchamby

Sounds like some good finds. Good luck with the scanner. ;)
Mchamby

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
BIRDMAN, I Always Look Forword To You Pics, If You Have To Call George B. For Assistance, He Has Lots Of Money For A New Scanner, I Know I Just Sent Him A Big Check. Best Of Luck. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 026.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 026.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 87

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Sounds like you've had a pretty decent week of finds.Congrats on the silver 1876 Half Mark.Glad you were able to get out.I hope you are able to get your scanner up and runnin soon.Best of luck to you. HH!

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Bird,

You're in such a rich haven of history. Each couple inches of earth describes the era of time. You seem to be touching many layers with your finds.

Congrats,
Smartin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread