Yippy 60 degrees

M

mchamby

Well now you know I just had to go today, I couldn't pass up a nice day like this. I had a Dr appt way out of town I I/2 hour drive so I decided It was time to put my Mder in the car just in case I found a place to detect. Sure enough on the way up I spotted a house that had the yard dug up and someone working on it. I stopped on the way home and the guy was still there I asked if he minded if I detected the yard, He said he was just the carpenter and to come back in 3 hours. I said maybe another time since I lived an hour away. I guess he took pity on me, looked at my oxygen tank and he said the guy was real nice and he was sure that the owner wouldn't mind. He didn't have to tell me twice. I talked to him awhile longer and he said he lived on Lake Champlain and if I wanted he thought I might find something where he lived and we exchanged e-mail addresses. I must say I felt kind of strange and kept looking over my back to see if someone else drove in while I detected, I will see if he will ask the owners so I can go back again and not feel so uncomfortable about it. Any way I found One old rotten paint brush, one 2x3 inch piece of lead, copper pipe 3 wheat pennies (1923,1927.1937) at about 4 inches, that is where the clay was. I also found 22 1972 pennies wrapped in rotting duct tape in the back yard. Is there anything special about 1972 pennies that I don't know about??? I only did a fraction of the yard and it has 2 fallen in barns and an old outhouse so I would like to go back. Other than doing a lot of huffing and puffing because it was really my first time outside all winter (except to Drs and grocery store) I had and excellent day. :) ;) :D

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
great stuff mchamby! its good to hear about you getting out!

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
glad you got to get out. :) i only get to go out on week ends and some times not. with two kids to watch. my wife will be driving around town some times and i see a old house being tore down and i twist my neck around trying to put the place in my mind , were i can remember to go back ::) i only found one silver coin this year and about 10 wheat,s. good luck to you going back to that spot and the new spot that the guy told you could hunt

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea! Glad it's finally warming up for my northern friends!

Congrats on your finds and good luck on your next outing!

;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to see you made it out today,unbelievable temp's in the mid-atlantic.Everybody seem's to be a little nicer when the weather start's gettin' better.Congrat's on your find's and good luck if you decide to go back..HH!!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job!! Chances are that any of them are not,but you should check them carefully for a double die error.In 72 they did have a double die error.This occurred on the 72 and 72-S.The 2005 red book has an MS-65 at $600.00.You never know till you look with a magnifying glass.Look for 1972 and LIBERTY to be sort of stutter stamped.Good luck.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you enjoyed the day out MDing. Great finds!!

HH :)
RR

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good job Mchamby......Take it easy. Hopefully you'll get to go back there someday ;D

Happy Hunting,
Moon

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
72 Double DIE 600 bucks in MS-65

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Thanks all for the replies, I have the pennies soaking as they are a little greenish, I will check them when they are cleaner. Glad I got out also they are predicting rain this weekend doesn't that just figure. ;)
Mchamby

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
MCH, If You Get The Chance, To Hunt Around Lake Champlain You Should Make Some Very Interesting Finds. A Lot Of History In That Area. Best of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 143.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 143.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 111

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
70s here yesterday!!!like the hurst tool trk5!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread