Found a Very Rare Military Button! NEW INFO ADDED 11 Aug 10 - Page 10
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Found a Very Rare Military Button! NEW INFO ADDED 11 Aug 10

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Re: Found a Very Rare Military Button! NEW INFO ADDED 11 Aug 10

Quote Originally Posted by bigscrub
    super nice button, and a banner find is indicated...but i will also agree with a few of the others...the second pic you posted does show a 123 under the cannon balls and just over the artillery letters...im really suprised you cant all see it....while some can see it and some not...does the pics of the example you found not show the 123...?...im guessing not...! strange...but not any reason to pull the pics or post is it?...hh to all...a great find my friend!
    Ugh...not again. You THINK it shows a 123...but it doesn't. As stated previously, the guy holding it in his hands who can manipulate it under different lighting conditions and angles and view it under a jewellers loop can confirm there is NO 123....but I guess some just won't let it die.

I would be happy if there was a 123 as I would have a variety of button never before found...but it's simply not the case.
    Velox Versutus Vigilans

DIG, RECOVER, PRESERVE...THE SCOURGE OF THE DIRT!

Jan 2007
    Virginia
    TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
    271 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (12)

Quote Originally Posted by ColonialDude
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscrub
    super nice button, and a banner find is indicated...but i will also agree with a few of the others...the second pic you posted does show a 123 under the cannon balls and just over the artillery letters...im really suprised you cant all see it....while some can see it and some not...does the pics of the example you found not show the 123...?...im guessing not...! strange...but not any reason to pull the pics or post is it?...hh to all...a great find my friend!
    Ugh...not again. You THINK it shows a 123...but it doesn't. As stated previously, the guy holding it in his hands who can manipulate it under different lighting conditions and angles and view it under a jewellers loop can confirm there is NO 123....but I guess some just won't let it die.

I would be happy if there was a 123 as I would have a variety of button never before found...but it's simply not the case.
    As Pristine as All the Other Letters are, there would NOT be a "1,2,3" Worn and barely Visible

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    86 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

First i would like to say i started that 123 thing and i was wrong i do not have the button in hand ColonialDude does and if anyone can see what is on that button he can sometimes our eyes can play tricks on us its like yawning 1 does it and a lot follow anyway Congrats on the Banner !! beautiful button also i found a interesting article on the history of the 2nd Artillery Regiment unit in Don Troiani,s Soldiers in America 1754 1865.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd reg. artillary.JPG 
Views:	323 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	439405  
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

W57
    us
    Aug 2008

As Pristine as All the Other Letters are, there would NOT be a "1,2,3" Worn and barely Visible
    [/quote]

OK, apologies in advance, but as upsetting as this may be to some, I am going to continue to harp on the "Phantom 123", These do not look like they are intended to be part of the buttons design, but look more like "mold numbers" probably intended to identify a sample as the "One over two over three cannon balls" design. A digital camera will pick up details not visible to the naked eye. How 'bout posting a link to some raw digital images of the non existant numbered area...

Quote Originally Posted by W57
    OK, apologies in advance, but as upsetting as this may be to some, I am going to continue to harp on the "Phantom 123", These do not look like they are intended to be part of the buttons design, but look more like "mold numbers" probably intended to identify a sample as the "One over two over three cannon balls" design. A digital camera will pick up details not visible to the naked eye. How 'bout posting a link to some raw digital images of the non existant numbered area...
    [/quote]
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    Why is knowledge power, when life is passing on sh*t... 03/03/19
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly_
    Thank-You for posting this once in a liftime find for us all to see and enjoy. You just know there are some out there that would KILL to be you, so they feel they have to mess it up for you because they are JEALOUS ! DF
    Thanks very much. I think it can simply be chalked up to people who like to stir the pot.

Anyhow, thanks again. It's one of those finds I will never forget making.
    Velox Versutus Vigilans

[/quote]

Or maybe they put a "123" there so these buttons could be used for the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Regiment of Artillery!!
    Velox Versutus Vigilans

Quote Originally Posted by ColonialDude
    Or maybe they put a "123" there so these buttons could be used for the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Regiment of Artillery!!
    [/quote]

Thats it a multifunctional button for several regiments
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    Why is knowledge power, when life is passing on sh*t... 03/03/19
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

W57
    us
    Aug 2008

Are you going to post a link to a raw digital image or not.

W57
    us
    Aug 2008

This is really weird that more emphasis is being placed on denying an observation rather than exploring it...

I am particularly disappointed in Crusaders snide pot shot. Most of the posts by this member have, in the past, struck me as quite mature.

Are you going to post a link to a raw digital image or not.
    First of all, no I am not. The pictures you see are what you get. I am in Afghanistan currently and will be here until Christmas.
    That being said, there is no 123. I own the button, have examined it closely, there is no 123. I am fully capable of examining relics closely, and have handled thousands. If there was a 123 on the button, I would see it. It's not there...period. Find a new relic to make imaginary claims about.
    Velox Versutus Vigilans

W57
    us
    Aug 2008

OK. Best Wishes, and God Bless.

us
    Aug 2010
    2 times

very nice good time for rare buttons this month lucky friday the 13 i found very historical button 1638 ANCIENT&HONOURABLE ARTILLERY button first button of the company very rare like yours none found on line the ancient and honorable artillery started in colonial mass in the year 1638 keep finding nice finds good luck all
    BOTTOMLESS HOLE

us
    May 2008
    CT
    2 times

What a wonderful find! I have to ask, what is the significance of have 123 on it if it did have it? Does that mean it is fake or what?

Thanks...who knows!? There has never been one found with 123 on it...or heard of...it was just conjured up in someones imagintion in this thread. I am sure some wanted to point out the non-existant 123 in hopes of taking it's authenticity away...
    Velox Versutus Vigilans

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links