Bath House Island Finds

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
These are the finds from the bathhouse Island with the exception of the cant hook,that Cheyenne found last fall just before snow hit.
Those four little square things in the 2nd photo..have like a rubbery coating around them and hard metal in the middle...no clue...The round match safe is brass and was cool...dug four inches under an old oak near the lake to get it .Fishing lure is Heddon.
In the 4th pic are a Army Seal push back pin,old brass moon and stars pin (no markings),small gold chain,silver chain and the rings ...tiny gold band,silver solitaire diamond,really old ring missing stone,High School ring from 1982,and my favorite....diamond and sapphire (sapphire is mine and Cheyenne's birthstone so lucky us). Camera is giving us grief so this is the best I can do for now.

The little dirt road crosses a small bridge to a island,where it was all beach prior to 1930...there were two bath changing houses in the center of island.

Attachments

• April Finds 052.jpg
    April Finds 052.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 510
  • April Finds 053.jpg
    April Finds 053.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 550
  • April Finds 054.jpg
    April Finds 054.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 547
  • April Finds 055.jpg
    April Finds 055.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 507
  • Looking back from Bathhous.JPG
    Looking back from Bathhous.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 509
  • road to bath house island.JPG
    road to bath house island.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 548
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
allen said:
gypsy, those are some really nice looking finds. Does your daughter detect also, or is she like my boys and just loves to follow you around and help dig?
keep on digging....

Oh No....She hunts....going to be better than I am at it! That is when she isnt using her detector to imitate Morrison! LOL

Attachments

• April Finds 065.jpg
    April Finds 065.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 505
OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Gypsy,

nice artifacts.

Is that a cap bomb in the second picture, (not sure
what they are really called)? Put a paper cap in the
slot, lock it down, throw, and bang if it hits something hard.

have a good un........
Yes it is Sherm...and the reason I know is because I had to ask some elderly men n at the park on the way out...Here I thought I had something really good !!!!!Hahaha

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Gypsy,

yes, us "elderly men" :'(

know what they are.

Photo on web looks like they use plastic caps
now, not paper. May help you in the age of
your item.

Anyone know if they still make paper rolls of caps?

have a good un.............

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Way to go Gypsy girl! Nice digs.........er..........love the Moon! ;D

Lookin forward to more results!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I'm getting you a wagon girl. I come back with a little handful, you need a wheeled carriage to carry all those great finds. Great job hunting Gypsy, and its always nice to see children being entertained without the use of a computer or TV. And the little one is putting on a good impression of Morrison, lol. Thanks for sharing Gypsy, keep'em coming.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your daughter is gonna be one of those die hard detectorists in the near future.....those are also some nice rings!!!! From the pics , it looks like the ice has been long gone for a while!
The half moon piece is very interesting ....What is it made of?
and Please don't tell me LEAD !! haaaa....lol WTG..

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Way to go, Cheyenne ;)
Some great finds there!
Keep up the great work.............AND..................let Mom wear that sapphire once in a while!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You've been busy, Gypsy. :) It's good to see you have a partner there. I bet that she makes Mama proud! ;)

That jewelry is fantastic! :o :o :o :o

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Gypsy,

Great looking area to detect, and nice lot of finds. I could use that cant-hook. I built a small saw mill a few years ago and made the cant-hook I use now.

Looks like you've got a great partner to detect with, I've got a 6 yr old thats uses my pin pointer.( I hide pennies in holes and she finds them)

HH,
Smartin

ps;any head phone w/ 1/4 jack will work with your detector ( assuming your detector has the 1/4" plug). The ohm rating is standard for the 1/4" jack. The cheaper one's might require more power to operate but a minuscule increase. The quality of the head-set and ear pads for comfort is the big difference.
If you were blind you might notice a sound quality difference.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool relics, looks like you have a good support staff to help you. Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread