Bath House Island Finds

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
These are the finds from the bathhouse Island with the exception of the cant hook,that Cheyenne found last fall just before snow hit.
Those four little square things in the 2nd photo..have like a rubbery coating around them and hard metal in the middle...no clue...The round match safe is brass and was cool...dug four inches under an old oak near the lake to get it .Fishing lure is Heddon.
In the 4th pic are a Army Seal push back pin,old brass moon and stars pin (no markings),small gold chain,silver chain and the rings ...tiny gold band,silver solitaire diamond,really old ring missing stone,High School ring from 1982,and my favorite....diamond and sapphire (sapphire is mine and Cheyenne's birthstone so lucky us). Camera is giving us grief so this is the best I can do for now.

The little dirt road crosses a small bridge to a island,where it was all beach prior to 1930...there were two bath changing houses in the center of island.

Attachments

• April Finds 052.jpg
    April Finds 052.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 510
  • April Finds 053.jpg
    April Finds 053.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 550
  • April Finds 054.jpg
    April Finds 054.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 547
  • April Finds 055.jpg
    April Finds 055.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 507
  • Looking back from Bathhous.JPG
    Looking back from Bathhous.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 509
  • road to bath house island.JPG
    road to bath house island.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 548
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those site pictures Gypsy! You girls are doing great! Awesome finds!!!

Nana ;)

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Real nice stuff, Gypsy, it looks like by the condition of the quarter in picture 2 that some one had done a little "coin shooting" before your team got there. I've found a few like that too. Oh, and the Cant hook when complete it has about a 5 foot wooden handle and a heavy spike point in the other end. Out here in the west it's called a Peavey and they make backs sore. I enjoy your posts, replies, and research very much.

M

mchamby

Wow, what great finds, it's nice to see you have a hunting partner. :D Look forward to more post.
Mchamby

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy,

Very nice finds. Looks like you & Cheyenne had a great outing, keep up the great work. Nice photos too.

HH ;)
RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions