Texas Two Piece Round Loop Belt Buckle

Mike N Tn.

Jul 1, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
In October 2002 I asked my future Wife to accompany me to Spring Hill Tennessee to dig for Civil War Relics. She immediately went to one spot and started digging. I hunted fruitlessly all around and found nothing. I went over to her spot where she was digging and swung my detector over the spot and received no signal. I said "There is nothing in that hole". She insisted there was and pulled up an 1851 dime with a hole in the top. Next she pulled out a V nickel. The spot was an old trash pit. I started digging out large amounts of dirt. We also dug a US belt plate, a pill box, and several flower buttons. I was hunting on the outside of the trash pit and 15 inches down dug out a Brass Star. Eight years later the buckle is finally complete. Middle Tennessee Relics had the Wreath to put this Treasure back together. Now when my Wife says dig here I go and dig with complete faith that the Relics will be there!!!

I recently sent my Texas buckle to Robert McDaniel for restoration work. I had to share the incredible work he did on this buckle!!! There is no doubt that Robert McDaniel is one of the very best in the country for the restoration of these pieces of history!!!!

Attachments

• Star Buckle Restored.jpg
    Star Buckle Restored.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 861
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Mike. You are dealing with two professionals in Larry Hicklen and Robert McDaniel. The new price guide lists your buckle at $4,000. Beautiful relic from a historic Tennessee site. HH, Quindy.

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Awesome story and awesome find ! Glad you could piece it all together ! !

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
VOL1266-X said:
Welcome to Tnet Mike. You are dealing with two professionals in Larry Hicklen and Robert McDaniel. The new price guide lists your buckle at $4,000. Beautifil relic from a historic Tennessee site. HH, Quindy.
I agree with Q. It is a beautiful relic.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and something well worth restoring. It looks very nice!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome awesome find.....Banner vote here :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mike N Tn.

Mike N Tn.

Jul 1, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
Dixiedigger said:
Wonderfull story and a great relic. Are you still relic hunting?

I did not relic hunt much last year due to the frozen ground issue we had for most of last Winter in Middle Tennessee. I am getting geared up to start relic hunting now that the weather is cooling off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread