Lucky Silver Ring...I think it really works!

RyanOShea

Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac. Ex2. X-Terra. Garret pro pointer. Fisher Headphones, Whites headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made myself a "lucky" silver ring the other day. I Took an old worn out 42 Walking Liberty Half and hammered it into a ring. I call it my "lucky" silver ring because, its made from a coin. And its silver. Its two important things to me. History. And naturally. Silver. When I go detecting, I go and look for those two things especially. Basically, the idea is. If its on my finger. I will think about it. And the more I think about it being on and in my hand. Then I will be subconsciously putting it into my head. And in theory I should draw those things to me. Putting them literally into my hand. Or, at very least. Giving me some extra luck. :)
Well. So far, so good. I took it out for the first time last night. 9/11/10 And dug three silvers. And Holly even got a video of me doing a full dig on the 1923 Merc. I am uploading an edited down version of the video as I make this post.

Anyway, we didnt stay out to long. We came back and watched "Digging For Brittian" on BBC 2. And watched a great story of the Sommorset hoard. Found by a Detectorist. Excellent show.

Rest of the goodies here.
http://www.urbanarchaeology.org

Alright people. Best of luck out there.
-Ryan

Attachments

• 61526_147294808644485_127739137266719_226780_5070545_n.jpg
    61526_147294808644485_127739137266719_226780_5070545_n.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN1969.JPG
    DSCN1969.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 337
  • UrbanCartoon.jpg
    UrbanCartoon.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Lookin good ! I like that.

Funny picture too.....Tryin to get my boyfriend into detecting.....He would rather shoot ducks though....;)

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
OH YEAH! That ring is COOL! But I think you're making your own luck when it comes to finding the good stuff. Buying good equipment ~ learning it ~ doing your research ~ you're a pro already! You're kicking some A$$!!! WOOHOO!!!!

OP
OP
R

RyanOShea

Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac. Ex2. X-Terra. Garret pro pointer. Fisher Headphones, Whites headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddcoins said:
OH YEAH! That ring is COOL! But I think you're making your own luck when it comes to finding the good stuff. Buying good equipment ~ learning it ~ doing your research ~ you're a pro already! You're kicking some A$$!!! WOOHOO!!!!

I will admit one thing I have gotten better at. Is learning those broken tones. Silver and Wheats always seem to have a slightly broken or broken tone. They hit sweet. but the tone breaks and wobbles. Know what I mean? I can pretty much tell when its a wheat now. Still getting the silver one down. Anyway. Thanks buddy.
Now that its cooling down, its time to get out during the day again. I will miss the peace and quite of the evening though. Naw....I will always go moontanning haha.
But Im taking the ring with me everytime!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread