Todays silver from a Local "Ghost Town"

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Today's silver from a Local "Ghost Town"

Hey everybody!!! went out this morning at the invitation of one of my detecting buddies Chris. he took me to a local ghost town that is now a farm field. at one time there was almost a thousand people living there and now there is no trace of it!!!! anyway, was there for about an hour before I got my first real good signal, turns out it was the Worn 1902o Barber quarter that has been hit by the plow at one time. I walk about 40 feet in a straight line form where I found the quarter and get another good signal and BAM!! it was a 1906o Barber dime!! I am loving this place right about now!!! I go about another 40-50 feet and BAM!!! 1916 Mercury dime in great shape!!! I turn it over and crossed my fingers hoping for a D mintmark but alas, it was S mintmark. oh well, it's still nice. I just wanted to share today's finds with everybody.

Attachments

• 10-24-10 #1.JPG
    10-24-10 #1.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 590
  • 10-24-10 #2.JPG
    10-24-10 #2.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Re: Today's silver from a Local "Ghost Town"

Those are some really nice finds. I can't wait to see what other finds you make at this site. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer

Dave i think I have found 20 Barber coins this year, I am at 84 Silver coins for the year to date. That means that almost 1/4 of my silver finds have been Barber coins!!! wish I could find Seated coins in that ratio!

Corinth1812

Jun 16, 2009
Corinth, Illinois It aint on the map! Southern
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/sunray probe, Excelerator EQ2 coil

tommyboy72 said:
Dave i think I have found 20 Barber coins this year, I am at 84 Silver coins for the year to date. That means that almost 1/4 of my silver finds have been Barber coins!!! wish I could find Seated coins in that ratio!
I think I have maybe 10 barbers, but a buttload of mercs and rosies, youll hit 100 this year for sure..keep it up....

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW that's one worn Barber there :o They definitely got their use out of that one! Congrats on all the silver :wink:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice silver finds!!! MR TUFF

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Look'n good! :thumbsup:

XPress2

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I like the Barber dime and quarter. I found a 1899 Barber quarter last week, and I found a 1906 & 1910 Barber dime, last year. Sounds like you had an amazing day. Good job...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread