Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detected about 3 hours here on this corn field, have hunted the whole field twice in the past but it keeps giving up the finds, just less trash as I take everything out I find and throw it away. This is a very good area as the field behind me has produce the oldest silver coins I have found into the 1300s, there was a farm/hotel here up until the 1500s or there about. Here’s the field, the corn is about 3” here and isn’t growing very well due to all the rain we’ve had, it compacted the soil.
10June06field.jpg

A few of the more interesting relics.
10June06relics.jpg

The lead finds.
10June06lead.jpg

Obverse of four of the coins, oldest upper left from the early 1800s.
10June06coinsO.jpg

Reverse of the coins.
10June06coinsR.jpg

Two small silver Kreuzer coins from 1851 and 1867.
10June06silcoinO.jpg

Reverse of the silver coins
10June06silcoinR.jpg

Not in great condition but a 1760 silver nevertheless, obverse shows a faint “R” in the middle.
10June061760O.jpg

Reverse of the 1760, the date is barely visible at the bottom, the “0” can be seen. Was a nice hunt with three silver coins. HH, Mike
10June061760R.jpg

Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I've always said: location location location!

I've noticed over the years that when THers have super hot spots to hunt they rarely spend much time bragging up one brand of detector.

Get where the goodies are and most any top of the line deep machine does the job.

Excellent work my friend.

Badger

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats mike,great finds and im with badger on this one .location location.i have to get a ticket to germany but got no money at the moment :( :( :(

tinpan

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Great finds! Nice coins. The oldest coin i have ever found is from 1920. Good luck and HH.

-CC

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds as usual, Mike. Don't you ever get tired of finding all these old coins. How about some newer coins? Change it up a bit. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Nicht zu fassen, Mike!!! :)

It is unbelievable - it is not the first time when you find similar things as me at the same time!!! That third silver coin is from WĂĽrttemberg, probably 3 or 6 kreuzer, and I found such coin 2 days ago.

HH

Sand

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, you talk about finding colonials as if they were nothing! Good finds, and....

HH
-GC

folkert

Feb 10, 2004
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany
Hi Mike, very nice finds indeed. But with regard to the last coin pictured, I am afraid I have to correct you: judging from the coat of arms on the reverse, it is the coat of arms of the Kingdom of WĂĽrttemberg which was established in 1806. you can also read part of the obverse legend:KONIGL (WURT SCHEIDE MUNZ) = royal wurttembergian coin.
the coin is a 3 kreuzer piece , struck between 1807-1814 under the reign of King Frederick I (1806-1816)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing digs as always Mike. That is some old ground there .You pull lots of the oldies from there. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread